If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Digital Devils Invade the European PSN

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited February 2012 in Latest Updates
Both parts of the Digital Devil Saga are ready to be retold on the PlayStation Network. The only question is if the PlayStation Network is ready for the influx of cannibalistic demons.

[Link]

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2012
    I do hope Atlus does the same thing for the NA PSN sometime soon. But that may just be a pipe dream.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I do hope Atlus does the same thing for the NA PSN sometime soon. But that may just be a pipe dream.
    That'd be sweet since I'd like to try these at some point and I doubt the price on Amazon is going to stay below $50 for ever.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • RewindRewind Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    This needs to be announced for North America, like yesterday.

Hurry up Atlus your already behind schedule!!!!
    PSN: TLDragoon
  • WhoompWhoomp Smorgasbord Full Members
    edited February 2012
    shoptroll said:
    That'd be sweet since I'd like to try these at some point and I doubt the price on Amazon is going to stay below $50 for ever.
    Kind of ironic since here in Europe we have gotten recent reprints of both and they can frequently be found in bargain bins for $15. And now we get an additional way of getting them, I haven't even had time to unwrap my copies. I sure hope Atlus jump on the train though and get games like these and Rule of Rose out there again. Second hand inflation is no fun at all.
  • scrumly1scrumly1 New Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Ahh Rule of Rose, Interesting story, terrible game.
    Also another point in favor getting a Vita as if I remember correctly the PS2 classics will be playable on a Vita.
  • GrayWolf323GrayWolf323 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    ...Atlus better hurry up on this
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    scrumly1 said:
    Ahh Rule of Rose, Interesting story, terrible game.
    Also another point in favor getting a Vita as if I remember correctly the PS2 classics will be playable on a Vita.
    Sony don't currently have plans for that.

Also, the Vita doesn't have enough processing power to emulate PS2 games.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    ... Now THAT is sad. The Vita can copy the PS3 but NOT, I repeat NOT the PS2? That's just outright sad. Am I the only one who thinks so? Wait a minute... There's some really bad thinking there. IF the Vita's capable of being a practically a portable PS3, then why in the hell can't it emulate a PS2? That just doesn't add up.
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited February 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Ditto that!
    edited February 2012
    reionpremente said:
    ... Now THAT is sad. The Vita can copy the PS3 but NOT, I repeat NOT the PS2? That's just outright sad. Am I the only one who thinks so? Wait a minute... There's some really bad thinking there. IF the Vita's capable of being a practically a portable PS3, then why in the hell can't it emulate a PS2? That just doesn't add up.
    The Vita isn't emulating PS3 games, those are Vita ports of PS3 games. The Vita can easily run Vita ports of PS2 games (like P4: The Golden), but they cannot directly emulate PS2 games (that requires roughly 10X the processing power of the original console).
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Will these be playable on PS3 or PSP?
    edited February 2012
    The PS3 of course.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Well Odin Sphere is in the US store so that shows Atlus isn't completely against PSN releases for their PS2 library. Though considering how many of their PS1 games are in the classics section, you have a point.
  • LokeSTLLokeSTL Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Is this an HD port, or another PS2 emulated port? I'd pay $40 for an HD port with both games on a disc. Otherwise, I still have the PS2 discs.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Emulated, but they're also a tenner each. Also, does your PS3 still play PS2 games?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Shaymin said:
    Emulated, but they're also a tenner each. Also, does your PS3 still play PS2 games?
    My PS3 still does. Is there a reason why it wouldn't?
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited February 2012
    If you had a newer PS3, it wouldn't have the PS2 back-compat built in.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    LokeSTL said:
    Is this an HD port, or another PS2 emulated port? I'd pay $40 for an HD port with both games on a disc. Otherwise, I still have the PS2 discs.
    That would be awesome, especially if Nocturne was included.