If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

No Diablo III PvP at Launch

risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title -Full Members
edited March 2012 in Latest Updates
Diablo III is inching itself ever closer to launch. To speed that process along, PvP is taking a backseat to the campaign. Check inside to find out why.

• ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    my response: no big deal. Diablo was all about co-op and getting and selling loot anyway so as long as I can do that I'm happy. PVP...well they'll patch it later I guess...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    My VAPS Entry,
  • RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    I lucked out. My job recently handed me a pretty newer Laptop to do work on, but I use it for whatever. I finally have something that can play this gen PC games after years of being unable to. Diablo III, you are no longer a pipe dream. Just gotta buy a cooling pad, cause this bad boy heats up like crazy.

As for the news, I'd rather they handed us the game as possible, so I'm sure I can live with no PvP. Never really did much of it in D2 anyway.

Here's hoping they fix the menu issue Starcraft II had, wherein the menus had no fixed framerate and would continue to load memory or something like that. Had to manually set a fixed framerate in a Variable file.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    It's a good move, indeed. PvP is going to play a much bigger role in D3 than in any previous installment - so the choice of leaving it to be further developed while not delaying the PvE/Co-op is much appreciated.

Beta is getting boring, I hope the mid-april rumor is somewhat accurate.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    Same here Solon, after the beta I"m like GIMME MORE NAOW
  • whiteferrerowhiteferrero New Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    as long as i don't have to pay for it again. i.e. DLC.
  • CofLSilkCofLSilk RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2012
    I'm just glad that people will no longer be able to go hostile on you during regular games, should you be playing with strangers, that is.