If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 67- I Know Kung Fu

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
edited March 2012 in Latest Updates
Bringing the story of Ryo Hazuki into existence cost many millions and failed to enchant the enormous audience needed to recoup them. The question of whether this story will continue has yet to be answered.
Looking for sailors, huh?
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• RetrovertigoRetrovertigo Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    Sorry guys, switched off and deleted after around 20 minutes. This was painful to listen to. Listening to several people rip into a game (without really being constructive with those criticisms) isn't what I want to spend my spare time doing.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2012
    aww, but we almost get constructive at the 45 minute mark. then i rip into kingdom hearts some more.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2012
    I'd say we were constructive. I think we effectively described how boring this $70 million disaster of a project was :).
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2012
    And if you get past the hour mark or so, we talk about some games that had smaller budgets, but were a lot more fun! :)
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited March 2012
    I said it before, but I'll say it again. A number of Shenmue's English voice actors also worked on Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

As for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, there are some strong four letters words (even some Spanish ones, courtesy of Jimenez). Mostly though, I think the M rating stand for Mara and Mishaguji, which are indeed phallic demons.
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • KisakiProjectKisakiProject Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    I was disappointed you didn't bring on anyone that enjoyed Shenmue to defend it from your criticism. Its more fun if you guys argue with each other instead of all just tear it apart together. Maybe I'll call in before your next show and explain to you why you are all wrong :fatigue:
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2012
    Can someone actually explain why Shenmue is good? Truthfully, I played a bit of II on the Xbox and I was bored to tears. I think the grand scope of the premise and the games sounds amazing, but based on what I heard in this podcast, I think there are plenty of aspects in the gameplay that would grate on me.