If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition Interview

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited April 2012 in Latest Updates
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is right around the corner, but are you ready? We discuss project details, mature content, game design, and more in this interview with CD Projekt RED's Lead Combat Designer Maciej Szczesnik.

Interview
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    It's cool they didn't have to censor anything - that's what I liked about the Witcher series in general. Played both to death on my PC, so I doubt I'll pick this up for another platform - but I hope it gets the attention it deserves still.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • TaikaTaika Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I hope their consideration for their fans earns them a ton of sales.... The constant updates and avoidance of DRM. I've never seen another company do so much, and those who do should be handsomely rewarded!!

It's really a shining point in these days of costly and junky DLCs.
  • He Who LurksHe Who Lurks AWESOME! Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I want these guys with their no DRM, free DLC model to succeed so much. I've even considered buying the PC version of Witcher 2, even though there's no way I could play it given my crappy laptop specs.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    I should pick this up soon. Loved Witcher 1!

-Kel
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Gotta get this at some point. On GOG of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Also they're giving everyone who bought the PC version an extra copy of the game from GOG. Because why not, I guess.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    Oh cool, I can give a copy to my sister!

Edit: Oh, it's a backup copy, never mind. :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited April 2012
    ThroneofDravaris said:
    Also they're giving everyone who bought the PC version an extra copy of the game from GOG. Because why not, I guess.
    Seriously, GOG has gone beyond bending over backwards for their customers. What MORE can they be asked to do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I immediately regret this suggestion.
  • buffalo0obuffalo0o New Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    "There are big hardware differences between high-end PCs and the 360, but we put a lot of effort to make the game feel smooth and polished. I think we did it."

There's a graphics comparison video somewhere out there. I couldn't tell much of a difference.
    edited April 2012
    buffalo0o said:
    "There are big hardware differences between high-end PCs and the 360, but we put a lot of effort to make the game feel smooth and polished. I think we did it."

There's a graphics comparison video somewhere out there. I couldn't tell much of a difference.
    Well, a lot of the issues are alleviated by there being a singular platform, allowing them to optimize like hell. It takes a whole hell of a lot of effort, but a dedicated developer can get some sweet graphics out of these boxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    MasterChief said:
    Well, a lot of the issues are alleviated by there being a singular platform, allowing them to optimize like hell. It takes a whole hell of a lot of effort, but a dedicated developer can get some sweet graphics out of these boxes.
    Possible stupid question: By "singular platform," are you referring to it being just an Xbox 360 release, rather than a Xbox 360/PS3 release?

Pretty sure that's what you mean. If so, I wasn't aware that cross-platform releases led to such difficulties, but I know sooo very, very little about this stuff.
    edited April 2012
    I mean, since everyone has pretty much the same Xbox 360, CDP can optimize for the specific hardware, something you really can't do when you're worrying about eleventy billion different PC configurations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Ahhh, okay.
  • FreakGirlFreakGirl The lovely nurse Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I pre-ordered the X360 Enhanced Edition today. Already own it for the PC, as well ^^ I like Gerald. He's a cool guy!
    Currently playing: Diablo III, Max Payne 3, many XBLA games

GamerTag: FreakGirl
    PSN: Freakgirl1985