If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

GameCenter CX...Kacho ON!!!

King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus ObscuraFull Members
edited April 2012 in Entertainment
A Japanese comedian/gamer plays video games for the fictitious "GameCenter CX," a corporation whose only output is the victory (or bitter defeat) of it's Kacho (Manager) Shinya Arino!

He plays Famicom, Super Famicom, PC Engine, Mega Drive...anything retro, he plays! Arino is far from a "game master," though, and often finds his lack of ability pitted against brutal games like Ninja Gaiden, Kid Icarus, etc etc.

There are also tons of "slice of life" segments where Arino visits various arcades, toy shops, etc in Japan, and even takes a trip to America!

I am constantly updating the playlist, so if you like this, check back every now and then and there might be something new. I think there are about 100 videos on the playlist so far!

GameCenter CX!!! Kacho ON!!!

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    What is an "AD?" From the context it seems to mean assistant. The AD guys are so funny (moreso than Arino).

I like the segment where he plays the 10-yen coin chute machine 86 times until he wins.

The segment where the AD tells Arino about continues on Ghosts n' Goblins: This mirrors my own experience - I didn't know there were continues!
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Assistant Directors, I think, which is a title given to those who work with Chiefs and Section Chiefs in some corporations.

I love ADs Urakawa and Nakayama...but Arino is just so good-natured that I can't help but smile when I see him.
    The segment where the AD tells Arino about continues on Ghosts n' Goblins: This mirrors my own experience - I didn't know there were continues!

Tell me about it! I rented the game once when I was a kid staying at home with chickenpox, and that was it for me...now I might have to give it another try! :highly_amused: And why not...I started Phantasy Star up again for the first time in like, 22 years...