If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Prepare to Die Again on PC

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited April 2012 in Latest Updates
Dark Souls is all about punishing gamers, so this new version on PC is likely to delete a random file on your PC when you die. That's not true, but it's not too unlikely.

Story
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• BogrotBogrot New Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! Whoop whoop. I thought this would never happen. Seriously cool. By the way, I was kinda avoiding reading too much on this game, as it made me sad (thought I'd never get to play it). So now that it's coming to PC I'm interested again- was this the one that was slightly more open-worldy and had you exploring an area Castlevania-style, finding little trapdoors etc? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

With it being on PC, I wonder how long before it gets an "easy" mod.
  • Iliya MoroumetzIliya Moroumetz Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    This is good news. I was always curious about the Souls series, but my system was never online worthy.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Wait a second...

Games for Windows Live?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2012
    Oh my god, are you kidding me!? YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I am very excited for this. However, them going with Games for Windows Live means every time I fire it up I'm going to be frustrated for a good 5-10 minutes dealing with that horribly clunky piece of nonsense.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2012

My level of caring for this

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • AzilisAzilis Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Not sure what to make of the GFWL news, but I'm definitely interested in this. The main drawback of Demon's Souls for me was that I hate playing this type of game with a console controller, so if they can implement a good keyboard/mouse control scheme, this is a must-play.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited April 2012
    freykin said:
    Wait a second...

Games for Windows Live?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
    Dark Souls: Kicking you in the crotch since 2011.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited April 2012
    GFWL? Ha. I knew Namco-Bandai would never be able to do something entirely good.
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    Maybe they're using GFWL to make the game more punishing, since it obviously wasn't punishing enough.

-Kel
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I might actually get this now.
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    I just finished playing Bioshock 2, which, unfortunately, uses that Windows Gaming Live garbage. I have never, in my life, been so frustrated. It would take multiple logins to start my game...and a failed log in means I don't have access to save files which are sitting RIGHT THERE on my hard drive. If I *DO* play Bioshock 2 again, I will pay more money to buy the PS3 version or something just so I don't have to screw around with that piece of trash again. Steam, impulse, and even EA Origin are a day at the beach compared to what MS has thrown together here.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    New Content: Prologue Chapter. Battle the dark forces of the Internet as you venture deep into the ruins of an ancient DRM structure. Do you have what it takes to successfully launch Dark Souls?
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I hope they do something for the people with the game on the consoles, otherwise thats just a big FU to people that have played it on a console.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster