If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Aaaand....We're Back!

PawsPaws PurrRPGamer Staff
Our sincerest apologies for the down time. Unfortunately our forums were trapped on a server and it took us a couple weeks to cajole the data to come on out of hiding. Big thanks to Fox and Mikel for working their bums off getting everything restored. We've also moved hosts, which should positively affect up-time. Thanks!

Comments

• NekobasuNekobasu RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    Hooray! Hooray!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2012
    Now it's time to eat some cake, drink some alcohol, and then go see how well you all do in a RPG while intoxicated!

PRO TIP: If you think something looks funny while drunk and playing a RPG, then KILL IT! Else it'll be you getting the game over.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2012
    So what happened anyway? Servier die?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    I'd rather not go too heavily into details. Long story short: A DDoS of an unrelated site on the same server made our (now former) provider flip out.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Paws wrote: »
    I'd rather not go too heavily into details. Long story short: A DDoS of an unrelated site on the same server made our (now former) provider flip out.

Ah, fun.

Have I mentioned I hate DDoSers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    gawd, this site just isn't the same without the forums. No offense to the article and review writers, but everything just reads the same when you don't see individual personality come out through interaction and feedback. Me likey forums.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Hmm.... Now the forums are back, the Home page no longer says if someone has already posted a reaction to an article.

Is that an expected new feature of this change? Or something that I should raise in Forum: Site & Forum Support?
  • FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem Solver Administrators
    edited May 2012
    silktail wrote: »
    Hmm.... Now the forums are back, the Home page no longer says if someone has already posted a reaction to an article.

Is that an expected new feature of this change? Or something that I should raise in Forum: Site & Forum Support?

This should be fixed now.
    This space for rent.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2012
    Wait...you exist!? I thought you were a myth, like Half-Life 3, non-complaining gamers, and Reviving Aerith in FF7.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    Ahhh, thank you for bringing that up. The script should be running now, it should kick in for news items going forward.
  • FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem Solver Administrators
    edited May 2012
    Wait...you exist!? I thought you were a myth, like Half-Life 3, non-complaining gamers, and Reviving Aerith in FF7.

That reminds me, I need to fix the spoiler button's image so it's not cut off anymore...
    This space for rent.
  • The Gentleman LoserThe Gentleman Loser New Member Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Wooohoooooooo!
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited June 2012

Hey, I've done that. And even duel wielded Sephiroths.
    That reminds me, I need to fix the spoiler button's image so it's not cut off anymore...

Yay! That means no more long handing the spoil tag! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II