If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tales Series Goes Modern

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited June 2012 in Latest Updates
Not Modern Warfare, but a modern Tales game? Really?

Story

Very Special Tales Thread Rule: Please discuss other Tales games in the Role-Playing Games section of the forum.
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2012
    Hey, it's possible to pull it off, if they decide to get REALLY creative with it.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Steampunk Tales that sounds like The world ends with you.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited May 2012
    I just hope we get Xillia first. Otherwise we get another skip
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited May 2012
    I think it will be more sci-fi than modern day. Whatever it is, I hope we see it localized in a few years. Xillia comes first, ofcourse.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2012
    TAM, Nim; I get you're on edge for xillia but you're edging close to the bounds of the tales thread rule.

that being said: modern can mean a great many things. I'd of love to see some kind of secondary world urban fantasy strapped to a tales engine. but if they start playing around with the lesser punk settings all willy-nilly this franchise might lose track of it's creative and stylistic core. not that I'm casting any disparaging thoughts at the devs on another jrpg franchise as I type this, siree bob.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2012
    They want yourselves from limiting your conversation to this Tales only and not mention Xillia etc. very well there's not much to said except the countdown page that shows a phrase each day it counts toward zero and the reason this game story sounds similar to SE The World Ends With You. This is the count down page.

http://next.tales-ch.jp/

And these are the phrases translated so far:

5 days - “…I’m gonna tell you something. There are things in this world that can’t be destroyed.”
    6 days – “Is a person not stronger if they have someone to protect?”
    7 days – “Continue to fight alone, and someday loneliness will swallow you.”
    8 days – “You’ll regret not staying here until your death!”
    9 days – “Erasing in secret, leaving nothing behind… That’s your guy’s specualty, isn’t it?”
    10 days – “The form of its capacity was seen. The depth of the next one is immeasurable.”
    11 days – “What we need is ‘choice.’ A ‘choice’ on which everything we have – our lives, our world – hinges.”

Courtesy of Gematsu.com
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited May 2012
    Did my second post get deleted?
  • storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Was the announcement Tales of Xillia 2?
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1539.html

So since it may be direct correlation (and I know it E3 week so it may happen this week) any word on Tales of Xillia coming to US, outside the name being trademarked? Cause this time I'd hate us getting the second without the first (though first and not second is not as bad)
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Dear Namco, "PS3 graphics" and "high-res PS2 graphics" are not the same thing.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to put a hold on this thread while I write up our news story for Xillia 2.

Edit: There we go, please take all Xillia 2 discussion to the new news thread here: http://board.rpgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?19464-Tales-of-Xillia-2-Announced-for-Japan
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
This discussion has been closed.