If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem Announced With a Whisper - E3 2012

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited June 2012 in Latest Updates
Either a group of Fire Emblem fans staged a complex covert operation that would make Black Fang assassins jealous in order to learn this Fire Emblem 3DS news, or Mr. Fils-Aime just slipped up. Out of fear of the Regginator, we're going with the former.

[Link]

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited June 2012
    A whisper indeed. I wonder if was announced like this because localization had just begun, and they didn't even have English screens or something?

Oh well, I'm just happy it's coming over here. Yay!
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited June 2012
    Good thing I don't have to try the import gambit this time - stupid region lock on the 3DS.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited June 2012
    I really wish they had announced it during the conference. Hell, they didn't need to give us screens of the game, they could have easily announced it with a trailer of Fire Emblem over the years, ending with the new one. That alone would get people talking and the ball rolling.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    They probably saw the looks of disgust and anger on the faces of the audience members at the end of their awful 3DS presentation and threw them the Fire Emblem bone to prevent a riot ;)
    Get your Portable ID!
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I don't care how it was announced, I'm just glad it was. Now I am guaranteed to buy a 3DS.

...seriously, Nintendo, all the leaks like this show they're actually working on WAY better stuff than what they're actually bringing to E3.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    This is the one that broke all kinds of sales records for Fire Emblem in Japan, right?
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    freykin said:
    This is the one that broke all kinds of sales records for Fire Emblem in Japan, right?
    It's still selling like hot cakes so I would imagine so
    edited June 2012
    I heard it was the best Fire Emblem to date.
    User Database Check
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited June 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I heard it was the best Fire Emblem to date.
    That's good news, the last DS game we got was rather lackluster.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Rebochan said:
    That's good news, the last DS game we got was rather lackluster.
    Yes, Shadow Dragon was lackluster, but the sequel's remake was very much improved. Unfortunately, SD did so poorly that they decided to skip over the sequel.
    edited June 2012
    Clix said:
    Yes, Shadow Dragon was lackluster, but the sequel's remake was very much improved. Unfortunately, SD did so poorly that they decided to skip over the sequel.
    I actually don't blame Shadow Dragon for being that lackluster, since it IS a remake of the original Fire Emblem (which hasn't aged well sadly).
    User Database Check
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited June 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I actually don't blame Shadow Dragon for being that lackluster, since it IS a remake of the original Fire Emblem (which hasn't aged well sadly).
    I am the same, though I know a number of people who complained about the game's shortcoming. I guess even with the improvements in the remake of the third Fire Emblem, NoA thought people wouldn't want another remade older FE. :P
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    So basically how this "announcement" happened was that some folks from IGN and Kotaku went up to Reggie after the 3DS conference and said, "Hey, what about Fire Emblem?" Reggie thought it was on the release list on the fact sheet, so he said, "Oh yeah, of course it's coming." Heh.

As for why it wasn't shown, well, NoA under Reggie is a bit hostile toward traditional RPGs. That's my guess, anyway.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited June 2012
    I don't care how we find out it's coming, knowing is all that matters. Now, we wait. :|
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • shintowave123shintowave123 Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2012
    FE Awakening is that good from my time with an import
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Alright, the 3DS now has ONE title I'm interested in. This will be very a expensive game unless they put out something else.
    Currently playing:
    Dragon Age: Inquisition | Final Fantasy VII | The Banner Saga | Ys: Origins | Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Don't want the release of Tales of Abyss on 3DS?
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I'm quite happy with the PS2 one. I'm never going to replay a game that long on a small screen.
    Currently playing:
    Dragon Age: Inquisition | Final Fantasy VII | The Banner Saga | Ys: Origins | Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    Ocelot said:
    So basically how this "announcement" happened was that some folks from IGN and Kotaku went up to Reggie after the 3DS conference and said, "Hey, what about Fire Emblem?" Reggie thought it was on the release list on the fact sheet, so he said, "Oh yeah, of course it's coming." Heh.

As for why it wasn't shown, well, NoA under Reggie is a bit hostile toward traditional RPGs. That's my guess, anyway.
    Maybe they just thought it wouldn't show well at E3? I can't recall if any of the previous games were given type billing at an E3
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Wheels said:
    Maybe they just thought it wouldn't show well at E3? I can't recall if any of the previous games were given type billing at an E3
    That's true. FE10 was only announced with a 9 second clip among other titles for the then-up-coming Wii. Hell, no name was given even; the fans just figured it out based on the art style.