If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ragnarok Tactics Impression - E3 2012

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited June 2012 in Latest Updates
Aksys Games brought out a surprise for those lucky enough to meet up with them at E3. It turns out that the PSP still has some life in it, as we're getting yet another RPG for it this fall.

Impression by Chris/sabin1001
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• shintowave123shintowave123 Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2012
    i cant wait
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to have to get this. While I didn't like Ragnorak Online due to the gross lack of many quests and a storyline, I'd be willing to play this since it has 5 endings, meaning there's a story there.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • DaylightDiesDaylightDies Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Nice to see the PSP does have some life for RPG fans, at least. I think, with the combination of technology (downloadable games) and abundance of Japanese games that can be imported, along with the face that you can play these games on the Vita, we should hopefully still see a nice stream of PSP RPGs for a time to come.
    Bean Forever
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    I am fairly interested in this one myself. Looking forward to seeing more on it in the future. :)
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I'm going to have to get this. While I didn't like Ragnorak Online due to the gross lack of many quests and a storyline, I'd be willing to play this since it has 5 endings, meaning there's a story there.
    The Aksys editor working on the game says it is a "good SRPG," with "awesome side quests," and has a "great story" because of the fact that "the main storylines don't end in the typical JRPG way." Sadly, he couldn't say more without spoiling.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited June 2012
    the game is made by flightplan. I have no doubt
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited June 2012
    shintowave123 said:
    flightplan
    It shall be the greatest Ragnarok of all time!
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2012
    Well, Flight-Plan is dead, but Apollosoft is made up of former Flight-Plan folks, so it's got a great pedigree going for it.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited June 2012
    I havent played ragnarok but i did import blue roses, there first title after changing names and i can tell you there talent for srpgs hasnt left
  • stratrpgamerstratrpgamer Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Anyone who liked Tactics Ogre will probably like Ragnarok Tactics.
    edited June 2012
    Ragnarok tactics is more similar to fe
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    This is made by ex-Flightplan staff? My interest in this game has just skyrocketed.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.