If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Rainbow Moon to Rise in July

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited June 2012 in Latest Updates
If you've been eagerly waiting for a new tactical RPG to come to the PlayStation Network, then this news will interest you. If not, then there's always a few colorful screenshots to look at.

[Link]

Comments

  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2012
    $15 is still a huge risk, they should go with $13 like Soldner X2
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • duomaxwell007duomaxwell007 Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I hope that was a joke.... 15 bucks is a huge risk but two dollars less is a game changer? ummmm oookay
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2012
    duomaxwell007 said:
    I hope that was a joke.... 15 bucks is a huge risk but two dollars less is a game changer? ummmm oookay
    It's not a joke and 2 dollars in a virtual wallet it's a game changer because some times you are short of that amount when you need to buy something and it'll likely happen to those who use PSN cards and don't pay with credit or debit cards. So if the game cost $15 people will wait for a price drop or discount instead of getting another PSN card.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Game looked interesting, then I saw the DLC. I lol'ed.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    duomaxwell007 said:
    I hope that was a joke.... 15 bucks is a huge risk but two dollars less is a game changer? ummmm oookay
    You have no idea how many times I've heard "2.99? I'd buy it for 99 cents..." from friends with smartphones, and "5.99? I'd buy it for 3.99..." from 3DS owners. You wouldn't think such a minimal amount would make a difference, but it does.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    It's practically the crux of Zeboyd's success. Before Breath of Death, nearly every Live indie game was $2-$5. Now they're often just $1.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2012
    LordKaiser said:
    It's not a joke and 2 dollars in a virtual wallet it's a game changer because some times you are short of that amount when you need to buy something and it'll likely happen to those who use PSN cards and don't pay with credit or debit cards. So if the game cost $15 people will wait for a price drop or discount instead of getting another PSN card.
    Yup 100% optional DLCs and I will get the free one.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I don't think the price will make much difference. $15 is the standard price for PSN games, and this one is supposed to have much, much more content than most.
    image
    Get your Portable ID!
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Zbornak said:
    I don't think the price will make much difference. $15 is the standard price for PSN games, and this one is supposed to have much, much more content than most.
    It's a standard that not all the public had accepted yet as the past standard was $10 so that public strategy is to wait for discounts. A platform game would sell well for that money but we are talking about a very niche genre SRPGs who sell less than normal RPGs. Also Soldner X2 sold for 13 so why not this one?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • duomaxwell007duomaxwell007 Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    LordKaiser said:
    It's not a joke and 2 dollars in a virtual wallet it's a game changer because some times you are short of that amount when you need to buy something and it'll likely happen to those who use PSN cards and don't pay with credit or debit cards. So if the game cost $15 people will wait for a price drop or discount instead of getting another PSN card.
    I dont use credit/debit cards I only use PSN cards... infact I use them enough to know that PSN cards only come in 20 and 50 dollar amounts (and depending on where you live 10 dollars)... sp by that logic whether the game is 13 or 15 youre still either gonna have to buy 2 tens or 1 twenty.. either way youre gonna have MORE then enough to cover the 313 or 15 dollar price tag... so again 2 dollars isnt a game changer
  • retrodragonretrodragon Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I'll be dropping my hard earned $15 on this game probably day 1. Cheap enough that it's not too much of a gamble, and I love trpgs. win win
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2012
    duomaxwell007 said:
    I dont use credit/debit cards I only use PSN cards... infact I use them enough to know that PSN cards only come in 20 and 50 dollar amounts (and depending on where you live 10 dollars)... sp by that logic whether the game is 13 or 15 you're still either gonna have to buy 2 tens or 1 twenty.. either way you're gonna have MORE then enough to cover the 313 or 15 dollar price tag... so again 2 dollars isn't a game changer
    Cheaper price means willingness to buy DLC. You assume people will run to Gamestop and wait in line just to buy a card for a game but if people like me have $14.50 in their wallet they'll wait for the price drop or discount or if like the majority are cheap bastards (We are many) they will wait for the price drop or discount regardless and buy the cheaper games instead.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • duomaxwell007duomaxwell007 Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    LordKaiser said:
    Cheaper price means willingness to buy DLC. You assume people will run to Gamestop and wait in line just to buy a card for a game but if people like me have $14.50 in their wallet they'll wait for the price drop or discount or if like the majority are cheap bastards (We are many) they will wait for the price drop or discount regardless and buy the cheaper games instead.
    only one thing wrong with your price drop issue... its PSN how often does that happen? it might be 2020 before you finally see a price drop lol.. i mean look how much the digital download of mass effect 2 cost son PSN when you can go to the store and get it for less than half that price lol..

    retail games price drop often

    downloaded/digit games on Steam price drop often


    digital downloads on PSN? dont hold your breath


    Also why go to gamestop and stand in line for a card when you can go in a grocery store/pharmacy to get one with no wait practically :p
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Paws said:
    You have no idea how many times I've heard "2.99? I'd buy it for 99 cents..." from friends with smartphones, and "5.99? I'd buy it for 3.99..." from 3DS owners. You wouldn't think such a minimal amount would make a difference, but it does.
    No, I don't think that's right. No matter what price is chosen, there are customers waiting at lower price points on the demand curve...but that is not what this thread is about.

    Also, there's the Valve data, which I trust. But the data doesn't make a whole lot of sense (I need someone to explain to me what is going on here).
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I'll buy it day 1.
    We must support tactics style games on the PSN.
    These games have typically been relegated to handhelds.
    I do not want to play a game on a small screen.
    I just hope the folks at Rainbow Moon got the game's fundamentals right.
  • duomaxwell007duomaxwell007 Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    Slayer said:
    I'll buy it day 1.
    We must support tactics style games on the PSN.
    These games have typically been relegated to handhelds.
    I do not want to play a game on a small screen.
    I just hope the folks at Rainbow Moon got the game's fundamentals right.
    umm you can hook a handheld up to a tv.. i play my psp on my tv all the time

    Also rainbow moon US release date and price was just announced..

    July 10th $14.99
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited June 2012
    I have to agree with duo. There ARE ways to bypass the small screen thing, so I've never understood how not wanting to play something on a small screen is a valid excuse to not get a handheld.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • duomaxwell007duomaxwell007 Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    well for those of you "2 dollars make a difference" ppl. here ya go:

    "There will be a discount for PS+ members in the US for the first two weeks of game launch. I believe this will be 20% off, so $11.99 instead of $14.99.

    We were aiming for a similar promotion in Europe but haven't received confirmation from Sony."
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    I have connected my psp to my TV.
    In my opinion, the psp makes a lousy controller.
Sign In or Register to comment.