If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ketsuro - Japandemonium for June 29, 2012

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited July 2012 in Latest Updates
It may be a day later than intended, but it take more than dew condensation to keep a good column down for long. Someone has to report about the slime-flavored chewing gum, after all.

Blasted Humidity
Reincarnation, realization

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    poor guy. At least he's not losing his laptop to magnets though! still think that's the dumbest thing i ever heard for a computer repair person.

Also, Project X Zone needs to come over. It keeps sounding more and more awesome as the months go by.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited July 2012
    We never got Namco X Capcom, though. You'd think it would be an easier game to deal with license-wise than a mainline Super Robot Taisen game, but apparently not.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    Project X Zone does sound really awesome. What I'd like to see though is another RPG based Atelier game like Atelier Iris series or Mana Khemia. I enjoy the crafting stuff but I don't like the time limitations on it. The game with the other game sounds like a trip if your into those types of shows. I was just old enough to remember Power Rangers, and old enough to watch it only as a means to well ... pass time.

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Strawberry :)
    Computer is still non computis mentis, unfortunately. Taking it back to the repair guy tomorrow.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    Your computer problems have my husband and I wondering how people keep their computers working at all in places like Hawaii and Singapore, where it's that humid for most of the year. Anybody live somewhere sub-tropical who can enlighten us? :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited July 2012
    Ocelot said:
    Your computer problems have my husband and I wondering how people keep their computers working at all in places like Hawaii and Singapore, where it's that humid for most of the year. Anybody live somewhere sub-tropical who can enlighten us? :)
    Dehumidifiers, I used to live in Hawaii long ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehumidifier

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited July 2012
    No problem, Gaijin. I was glad to help. :) I hope your laptop issues will be cleared up soon.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    TheAnimeMan said:
    Dehumidifiers, I used to live in Hawaii long ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehumidifier
    Heh, I know what a dehumidifier is, I've just never seen one capable of dealing with those humidity levels. They probably just sell the cheapo ones up north.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited July 2012
    Took the computer back to the repair shop today, and we spent some time cleaning it and swapping out RAM chips. No change at all. At best guess, it's an issue with the motherboard or something equally expensive >_<

I'm shopping for a new computer this week.

Might as well include this here. We haven't really seen much of Project X Zone outside of battle and conversation.

[video=youtube_share;uMcMpAc1Ppg]
    edited July 2012
    That looks like a trip and a half

edited July 2012
    And I am now the proud owner of a late-2010 model Lenovo notebook computer. Yay.
  • LOLOttertardLOLOttertard Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    Definitely looking forward to Atelier Ayesha, still need to play Totori and Meruru.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    Congrats on the Lenovo!
    Thanks for another thrilling installment of your column, Baker-san.