If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dawnguard Impression - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited July 2012 in Latest Updates
Skyrim has found a way to twist family drama into a story featuring vampires and werewolves without lots of melodrama. For that alone, Bethesda should be commended.

Impression
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2012
    Sounds as impressive as the Bloodmoon expansion Morrowind got so many years ago. Meaning I'm going to have to pick this and Skyrim up (whenever I see it on sale on Steam).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    Will be picking this one up, I quit TERA recently, I met some jerk who totally ruined my enjoyment of it . I'm addicted to Diablo 3 for some reason those durned zombies are addictive, reached 2nd Act of Inferno on my monk.Oh the shinies! *eyes sparkle*
    I loathe vampires, so I'm sticking with being a dawnguard, get back you neck sucking fiends!
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    In another review I read, it said going into Dawnguard as a werewolf gets you a unique perk tree.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    I thought a preview I read a couple months ago said the werewolf perk tree was added from the start as part of the expansion and was separate from the new Dawnguard content. Could be the previewer was off, though.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 2012
    I wasn't a werewolf ever in my Skyrim playthrough, but I think I read that you can get access to that skill tree the same as you do for the new vampire tree.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited July 2012
    How exciting, any ideas when this is available for pc?
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 2012
    scorpio_7 said:
    How exciting, any ideas when this is available for pc?
    That's a great question. Too bad MS got the exclusive on this one with no ETA on the others. :(
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    This certainly sounds pretty interesting. I'm not a loyal Skyrim fan, but I don't hate the game either, so I kinda hope that Bethesda puts out a few more DLC packs like this and creates a nice compilation edition I can buy into.
  • Lilly-dearLilly-dear Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    The Werewolf skill tree will be there as soon as the dlc is first loaded or when you first become a werewolf and is unrelated to the Dawnguard plot. If you cured yourself but wish to be a wolfie again, just speak with Aela again. You can only acess the wolf and vampire lord skill trees while transformed. You press B on the controller, not sure what key it will be for the pc.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited July 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Sounds as impressive as the Bloodmoon expansion Morrowind got so many years ago. Meaning I'm going to have to pick this and Skyrim up (whenever I see it on sale on Steam).
    You're in luck, it's on sale right now.
    sup?
    edited July 2012
    Maudren said:
    You're in luck, it's on sale right now.
    For $40, which is about as much money as I'm going to end up spending this sale on everything else.
    User Database Check
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited July 2012
    I'll buy this expansion when it isn't infinitely more expensive than Daggerfall.
    edited July 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    For $40, which is about as much money as I'm going to end up spending this sale on everything else.
    Now it's 30 bucks. Give in to the dark side....
    sup?
    edited July 2012
    Maudren said:
    Now it's 30 bucks. Give in to the dark side....
    It was mine the second it hit $30. I literally bought it within a minute of that sale coming into effect.
    User Database Check
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    I also bought it, I cant wait to try out some mods
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
    edited July 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    It was mine the second it hit $30. I literally bought it within a minute of that sale coming into effect.
    Awesome, I'm excited for you. It's a fantastic game, and 30 bucks is a great deal for a game that can last a few hundred hours.

I picked up dead island for 10 bucks. Couldn't pass up a zombie rpg. I'm digging it so far. The combat is pretty fun.
    sup?