If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 75 - A Link to the Future

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
edited July 2012 in Latest Updates
He's a green-clad gadget man, a master of many dungeons with the tools to traverse them. He's an elf, a mute warrior, an unquestioning savior of the land, a lover of sticking it to the porcine, and Nintendo is glad to have him.
Ah, the N64, you're back.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    The secret to the Majora's Mask rupee system is that he would write your account balance on your forehead in invisible ink.

I have Arc Rise Fantasia, but I haven't played it yet. I'll have to put it on my pile of Wii games to play after Xenoblade.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited July 2012
    Ah, is that why he looked at Link's forehead like that. I had no idea.

I looked up that Haunted Majora thing. It kind of reminds me of the scary "Pokemon Black" hack story, but ten times creepier.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    kazriko said:
    The secret to the Majora's Mask rupee system is that he would write your account balance on your forehead in invisible ink.

I have Arc Rise Fantasia, but I haven't played it yet. I'll have to put it on my pile of Wii games to play after Xenoblade.
    AH...sweet. That makes sense!

And yeah, Arc Rise is pwnsome!
  • raptor94kraptor94k New Member Full Members
    edited July 2012
    Never posted here before, but I thought you guys might find this interesting.

When Ocarina of Time was being developed, the sage medallions were actually going to be used to create magic spells. The player was going to need to equip different combinations of medallions in order to use different magic spells. The idea was eventually scrapped and the spells were transferred to the different types of arrows that appear in the game, and the medallions were kept in their current incarnation.

Another interesting change is that the game was originally going to be first-person like when you shoot the bow. There is apparently a glitch in the lake area where you can go back into first-person mode and move around without the bow similar to how the game was originally made.

There is a pretty good fan-made "documentary" floating around the internet somewhere that documents all these changes.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited July 2012
    Naturally it's fan-made, because Nintendo would be loathe to let anything like that escape its vaults in an official capacity.
    Could the sparse comments for this episode be correlated with the paltry showing RPGs had on the N64? Lacking any additional information to make a distinction, and prone to snap judgments as I am, obviously it's so!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.