If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 233: "May The F2P Be With You"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited August 2012 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 233: "May The F2P Be With You"

Ouya scores another system seller. Virtual reality makes a comeback...with Doom! Dragon's Dogma gets an unnecessary easy mode. Perhaps the most useful announcement is about how you can get a Yak plushie.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/233

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "May The F2P Be With You"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Comments

• DrizzlDrizzl Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Sigh I missed the live show again : / well I guess I can listen at work this week :D BTW Chris I tried to add you on PSN : /

on a second note I heard Yak plushie I'm guessing it's a preorder for some kinda harvest moon game or are you guys doing a give away ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    i just finished downloading the episode on itunes. Can't wait to hear it. i love you guys!! :D

i'll also try my best to experience the show live next week.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    If people were wondering where I went, I was on a plane to Canada.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, the Ouya's looking like it's pretty serious now. Some big names seem to think this console has life, if only as a multimedia player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    Quin said:
    If people were wondering where I went, I was on a plane to Canada.
    Canada has kidnapped Quin. In exchange for his return, we require 15 chocobos and a proper Chrono Trigger sequel.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited August 2012
    Ocelot said:
    Canada has kidnapped Quin. In exchange for his return, we require 15 chocobos and a proper Chrono Trigger sequel.
    Hope you like Canada, Quin. (XD)
    Reincarnation, realization
  • NamosNamos New Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    So... the Idle Thumbs Podcast, the one with the kickstarter, which you ragged on for not starting? It's been going strong for almost a month. It's a good podcast, for those on the hunt for a new-old one to listen to, although somewhat PC focused, so it might not appeal to some.

I'm assuming the Dark Eye games someone asked about refers to all the Drakensang games. They're kind of a mix between Gothic and Neverwinter Nights, from what I've seen. It seems the original P&P RPG system is rather complex, so it's kind of daunting to get into, and I've never bothered.
    Still haven't seen anything on the Ouya to really get me excited about it, I have to say.
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    finally listened to the podcast. sorry it took me so long. And thank you so much Chris for the compliment. I agree most of gamefaqs is abit mean and cynical, but there are nice people as well. :P
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • DyneDyne Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    You know, I won't be surprised that in 2 years from now, they're going to have a special episode of Hoarders: Gaming Addiction, with Chris as part of the 2 hour long special XD "I.. I don't know what happened. Everything just looked so good. I planned to play it all, but.. I just kept getting more and more, and my backlog kept getting bigger and bigger, and now my entire life is consumed with unfinished games!!" I think he bought or planned to start about 4 games in this podcast alone.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited August 2012
    In regards to the question about free-to-play MMOs for Macs, I know I've seen a few show up on MMO Grinder (http://mmogrinder.net/). Lately my connection doesn't let me stream so I can't quickly go through and find them, but if you're interested in free MMO options, it might be worth the time to go through some of the episodes.