If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ragnarok Tactics Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited August 2012 in Latest Updates
Aksys Games has a new tactical RPG on the horizon and it has an experienced team behind it. That's all well and good, but is the game actually fun?

Impression
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like it IS fun. I'll be sure to nab this when it comes out.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like something I would enjoy. I was kind of on the fence, but it seems like it would be the type of game that draws me in.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • Private PrinnyPrivate Prinny Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Hooray for PSN release. Makes it easier to get when you live in europe.
    I hope Sony gives enough money from their PSN-Sales to the right guys ...I get all my SRPG Fix on PSP on PSN lately...Gugnir, Growlanser, this, VC2, TO FFT WoTL...
    Now they should make US-PSN-Prepaid cards easier/cheaper to get over here :-)

Like the art direction....back then I was on the fence about playing the mmo-game...but mmo takes a lot of commitment...a srpg on a mobile on the other hand....nearly insta-buy...
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited August 2012
    *Fumbles through pockets* hmm... money money money... time time time... guild wars 2, baldur's gate, now Ragnarock Tactics... oh my!
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Love Flightplan and this game sounds great (especially all the weird classes). Can't wait.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Even though it might end up costing more, I'm after quality offline game experiences, I've really gone off MMO's. This one, to a fan of Fire emblem, super robot wars, final fantasy tactics, ogre battle tacs, is a must buy. I'm currently exploring the best way to acquire all of the playstation games I've missed -_- like Jeanne D'arc. I am some way through completing pokemon conquest sidequests, but to be honest, it's out of extreme boredom as it felt like a very average turn based strategy game.The question is, buy a PsP or Vita, my brother has an old PS2 I wonder if that has access to playstation network.

Hmmn decided I'm going to buy a second hand PSP as affordably as I can.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Sounds good, I will probably get this.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Balance said:
    Even though it might end up costing more, I'm after quality offline game experiences, I've really gone off MMO's. This one, to a fan of Fire emblem, super robot wars, final fantasy tactics, ogre battle tacs, is a must buy. I'm currently exploring the best way to acquire all of the playstation games I've missed -_- like Jeanne D'arc. I am some way through completing pokemon conquest sidequests, but to be honest, it's out of extreme boredom as it felt like a very average turn based strategy game.The question is, buy a PsP or Vita, my brother has an old PS2 I wonder if that has access to playstation network.

Hmmn decided I'm going to buy a second hand PSP as affordably as I can.
    The sidequsts in pokemon conquest are actually a lot more enjoyable than the main game... and can be very time consuming. You would probably enjoy doing a couple as a pass time. Too many could get repetitive though.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I'll probably pick this up. Can't have enough srpgs, I say.