If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Doyou - Japandemonium for August 17th, 2012

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited August 2012 in Latest Updates
Drinks are on the house! Bottoms up!

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    That slime car would be the best birthday gift for someone ever. :D
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited August 2012
    Japan tortures me with the German drinks...I lived in Germany when I was 7-11, and those were some of the best drinks I ever had. I have to agree with you on that one PSP game, too boobtastic. But that mech guy just looks AMAZING.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    Man, a pain in the back, indeed. I've occasionally contemplated making a greeting card to send to video game artists (and not just the ones in Japan) saying, "Dear artist: BOOBS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY."
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited August 2012
    Ok ok, boobs. I get it. All us straight/bi males and bi/lesbian women get it. Boobs. Can we just move on to something else? Like, say, being a fun game? *sigh*

That being said, the new NIS game looks like yet another one I will probably buy if/when it comes this way.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    I've actually been watching the simulcasts for the Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere anime that's showing right now. The character designs are all over the place and the setting is the very height of bizarre complexity, yet it, somehow, manages to be interesting. Despite appearances, it has an extremely strong focus on politics and economics, and it makes whole episodes out of political debates and business deals (though it can't take itself seriously for more than five minutes). It' s a guilty pleasure, but is actually a lot better than you might think at first glance.

Also, if you are talking about 90 degree heat, then you really can't complain. This last Saturday my home's air conditioning broke down at the start of the 105-110 degree heat wave we just went through. Enjoy your 90 degree weather. :)
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I see on the ranking chart that dragon quest 10 has been out for a while now over there.

Has there been much noise, good or bad yet on how they turned it into a mmo yet?
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited August 2012
    Ocelot said:
    Man, a pain in the back, indeed. I've occasionally contemplated making a greeting card to send to video game artists (and not just the ones in Japan) saying, "Dear artist: BOOBS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY."
    Send some to the creators of the anime Eiken while you're at it. :P
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    My Albuquerque weather laughs in you face where most years we have a month and a half of 100+ weather. This year it has only been that hot for 3 - 4 days with most days being 98.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    Oh trust me, I am not complaining about the heat. Back home they're having 110+ every day, and I remember all too well the last time I experienced that kind of summer >_<
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited August 2012
    I'll just keep my summer days that haven't exceeded 75 Fahrenheit for weeks, thanks. Not trading with any of you.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    JuMeSyn said:
    I'll just keep my summer days that haven't exceeded 75 Fahrenheit for weeks, thanks. Not trading with any of you.
    I say we lynch him for this blasphemy.

In seriousness so I don't derail the thread further. Any of these games you're actually looknig forward to?
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited August 2012
    Of those mentioned directly? Not really. If I ever get around to playing the first Unchained Blades, I might look forward to the second, but I don't care to right now. I need to see more of Kami-Para in action before I have any thoughts on that one, too. As for Horizon... I think my opinion of that one should be pretty clear. >_>
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Ugh, Horizon. What a mess that was. So convoluted and constantly making up new crap on the fly.
    edited August 2012
    Yup, that's about the impression I got from attempting to read its Wiki entry. I really did get a headache from that thing.