If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Dimensions Gets a Date and Price

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited August 2012 in Latest Updates
While Square Enix has been making a big deal recently about coming storms and realms being reborn, it has also quietly worked to release a game that feels like it has stepped out of a different era. Hopefully it will not be lost in the shadows of flashier games.

[Link]

Comments

• Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Finally this has a date, but wow at the price. That must be like the most expensive iOS game ever.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I want this badly, but it's only for hte f-ing IOS

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • Sam = WiseSam = Wise Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    TheAnimeMan said:
    I want this badly, but it's only for hte f-ing IOS
    Android too.
  • ascii256ascii256 Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    https://www.facebook.com/SquareEnixDLG/posts/451206008251579

iOS only for the non-Japanese market (for now)

So I either have to wait to play it on a tablet, or play it on a tiny screen....
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    29 bucks? LOLno.
    edited August 2012
    I'll probably end up getting it anyway. You can play the intro and first chapter for only $3. The remaining chapter for $10 each. That means in total you'd pay $4 more, but at least for only $3 you can play 25% of the game and see if it's worth that much money.
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    25% of the chapters usually does not equal 25% of the game content wise. Especially when there are major price differences in them.
    edited August 2012
    I think the chapters are about the same as long. The only reason why the first chapter is cheaper is the same reason why the first time you buy drugs from a dealer you get them cheaper. That's what I think anyway.
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, how'd that theory work for TAY? :P
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Paws said:
    29 bucks? LOLno.
    Yeah, Square Enix doesn't seem to get it. The iOS market wants cheap, and as long as SE doesn't give 'em cheap, they're not going to succeed on the platform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Hah hah 29 bucks? Yeah right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • Berserk_AlucardBerserk_Alucard Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    The scary thing is, I'm sure a fair amount of people will pay $29 for it. This is a Square Enix game, and one that isn't available elsewhere. Somehow I'd be much more receptive to it if it was on PSN or something. I usually just end up buying games for IOS and never playing them...
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited August 2012
    hmm for that price I could get FF7, FF8, and FF9 off the PSN for my PSP................

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah, no.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited August 2012
    That price for all the chapters...how about no. Just bundle it together, port it to the DS and the PSN or Steam, and then profit.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited August 2012
    Despite this being $29, it's going to be on the top of the iOS charts. I just know it...and I will cry for the future of gaming.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited August 2012
    Well, and the true pity is it looks exactly like a game I'd wanna play.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited August 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    That price for all the chapters...how about no. Just bundle it together, port it to the DS and the PSN or Steam, and then profit.
    That might make more profitable from a wider audience, but doubt it would fix the price. (I'm half convinced that they would even dare to boost the price further.)
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, I'm like 90% sure I'm going to get it even for that price. Just thinking if I buy the full game or just the first chapter and see how much fun it is.

Even even more honestly. If they released a game like this as retail game for a console I'd totally pay 60€ for it anyway...
    edited August 2012
    Maybe if I wait a year or two they will bundle it all into one download and sell it for ten bucks. I'd be okay with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Wow, if you're going to charge that much for it, couldn't you have put it onto a handheld console? :-\
    edited August 2012
    Aurian said:
    Wow, if you're going to charge that much for it, couldn't you have put it onto a handheld console? :-\
    Some would argue (futilely in my opinion) that IOS is a handheld, and that there is no need to put it on a dedicated console. I'll take it on my PSP or DS any day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

• SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, by charging this much SE are only encouraging Android piracy.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • bigmark268bigmark268 New Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    oh man 29 bucks and JUSt for a cellphone? This game looks better then FF12 and both 13's lol. totally should be on ps3.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I disagree - iOS isn't really that great for longer games. I find it awkward without proper buttons.
    edited August 2012
    Obviously they are targetting people like me that hate handhelds and just coincidentally have access to an iPhone / iPad that they usually don't use for gaming!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Everyone's just going to pirate it on Android.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • bigmark268bigmark268 New Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I dunno about you guys. But all I want is a traditional FF game for a console. So I can sit on my couch with a controller in my hand and enjoy somthing that hasnt been around in over a generation.
    edited August 2012
    bigmark268 said:
    I dunno about you guys. But all I want is a traditional FF game for a console. So I can sit on my couch with a controller in my hand and enjoy somthing that hasnt been around in over a generation.
    +1 from me