If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

PAX 2012 - Neverwinter Foundry demonstration and Q&A with Andy Velasquez

FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem SolverAdministrators
edited September 2012 in Latest Updates
Andy Velasquez, Lead Producer, takes us through a step-by-step tour of Foundry, Neverwinter's quest creator. Build grand adventures for players to partake in, gain fame and riches, and let your gamemaster spirit explore - or finally script out that scenario where you get the bar wench you've had your eye on. The choice is yours!

Watch the interview
This space for rent.

Comments

• SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Ok, that's pretty bad *** as far as content creation tools go.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I have been following this title since announcement, and overall I am hesitant.

The foundry looks awesome and I think it is great that players can do a lot of work themselves, as portrayed by the STO foundry.

My concern is the game itself. The devs have stated that they are making the truest dnd experience out there in video game format. From what I have seen and read so far.... the outcome is doubtful, as it is going to be lacking a lot of dnd fundamentals out the gate. Perhaps additional content will be forthcoming as well more classes and races. Who knows, but as is... I don't see a "true dnd experience."

Being able to custom make content is great, but with a limited base to work with... you can't make whats not already in the game engine.

Plus, 4th edition rule set.... there was the first mistake that got the ball rolling in the wrong direction.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    scorpio_7 said:
    I have been following this title since announcement, and overall I am hesitant.

The foundry looks awesome and I think it is great that players can do a lot of work themselves, as portrayed by the STO foundry.

My concern is the game itself. The devs have stated that they are making the truest dnd experience out there in video game format. From what I have seen and read so far.... the outcome is doubtful, as it is going to be lacking a lot of dnd fundamentals out the gate. Perhaps additional content will be forthcoming as well more classes and races. Who knows, but as is... I don't see a "true dnd experience."

Being able to custom make content is great, but with a limited base to work with... you can't make whats not already in the game engine.

Plus, 4th edition rule set.... there was the first mistake that got the ball rolling in the wrong direction.
    There is nothing wrong with 4th Edition rule set. I'ts actually a pretty decent ruleset and well designed especially for beginning players, or those who have not played in a long time (like 2nd).
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D