If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited September 2012 in Latest Updates
The sightseeing trip to the wonderous lands of the Sword Coast has been delayed due to a kobold mining strike. However, we're currently offering a buy-one-get-one free tour package for the Elemental Planes. Book now!

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I wonder how multiplayer should work in that game.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    The original had multiplayer. I'd tell you how it worked, but we never did figure out the arcane combination of laptops and cables that would have caused us to actually connect to each other back in '99. OK, so we were also drunk when we tried to make it work, but I doubt we would have had much more luck sober.

Kids today and their Internets!
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Ocelot said:
    The original had multiplayer. I'd tell you how it worked, but we never did figure out the arcane combination of laptops and cables that would have caused us to actually connect to each other back in '99. OK, so we were also drunk when we tried to make it work, but I doubt we would have had much more luck sober.

Kids today and their Internets!
    They should totally include an option for old school multiplayer, which turns your wireless off, disables the ethernet port and forces you to rely on serial cables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Quin said:
    They should totally include an option for old school multiplayer, which turns your wireless off, disables the ethernet port and forces you to rely on serial cables.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Haha.

On a more serious note - I still don't know how that should work. One person plays the whole game and the other one only controls half of the character in battle? Or can you like split up in towns?
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited September 2012
    NO! *cries uncontrollably*

Hopefully these new additions are worthwhile and not some foolish forum ramblings...
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Rya.Reisender said:
    Haha.

On a more serious note - I still don't know how that should work. One person plays the whole game and the other one only controls half of the character in battle? Or can you like split up in towns?
    From what I remember of how it worked in 2, and I'm guessing it worked similarly in 1, is that you both make characters as per normal, but one person is in charge of the story bits.
  • ZeeferZeefer Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I played Baldur's Gate multiplayer back years ago. I don't remember having any big problems getting the connection to work.

About how the game is in multiplayer, you just decide who is in control over which characters when you set up the game. I think if your guy dies/gets exploded, you can even reimport him right back into the game right away almost as if nothing happened, so long as you're not the main character. Using custom characters didn't leave much space for the other characters in the game who join you though.
    vote for MMP!