If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Fails to Default on Flying Fairy Trailer - TGS 2012

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited September 2012 in Latest Updates
This Bravely Default: Flying Fairy trailer is good news for everyone who was tired of augmented reality footage. It focuses entirely on in-game features instead.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• Morgan19Morgan19 Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    C'mon, U.S. release...!
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    We need Fry take my money NOW
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2012
    Make sure it comes here SE, because my body is ready!
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2012
    This is a game I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    as much as this is exactly what i want from final fantasy. if it does come over with that title i may not buy it just out of principle.
  • Sam = WiseSam = Wise Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    as much as this is exactly what i want from final fantasy. if it does come over with that title i may not buy it just out of principle.
    Why? A name's a name. Sorry but I find that really silly.

Also, if SE doesn't bring this over I will hate them even more seeing as we may as well give up on getting Type-O.
  • DrizzlDrizzl Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I will be keeping a eye on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Sam = Wise said:
    Why? A name's a name. Sorry but I find that really silly.

Also, if SE doesn't bring this over I will hate them even more seeing as we may as well give up on getting Type-O.
    It sounds silly in English. That's my guess at Fowl Sorcerous's reasoning at least. It isn't exactly the most marketable name, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • ZeraseZerase Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I think it looks good and mostly likely they'll change the name. Even if they don't I'll probably still get it.
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

• JagdJagd Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Damn, I can't wait for this!

SE better bring it over, this is exactly type of game I've been wanting on the 3DS.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    MonCapitan2002 said:
    It sounds silly in English. That's my guess at Fowl Sorcerous's reasoning at least. It isn't exactly the most marketable name, however.
    SE naming practices are just horrendous, i believe too strongly in voting with my dollars to encourage this malarkey.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2012
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    SE naming practices are just horrendous, i believe too strongly in voting with my dollars to encourage this malarkey.
    Except they might take it as you not wanting the game itself.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited September 2012
    If this game gets announced for North America, I'll likely be getting it day one, silly name or not.
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Yes, instant buy for me too.

Well let's see:
    - it's about crystals CHECK
    - it has the Final Fantasy battle system CHECK
    - it looks like Final Fantasy IX graphics-wise CHECK
    - it apparently has a job change system CHECK

So it's pretty much more Final Fantasy than any of the more recent one.

The goal of Final Fantasy IX was to give the charm of the old FF games back while still keeping 3D graphics. This game seems to be the same. They could have called it Final Fantasy IX-B (numbers are used if the story is related, that's why I opted to use a letter instead for same goal).

I actually think the title is interesting. You know the story how final fantasy got its name. That it was basically the final idea of Squaresoft to survive because their previous game didn't sell well? And that the original title was Crystal Warriors or something.
    For me this title looks like Squaresoft (well Square-Enix), sat down and was like "This whole Final Fantasy name is outdated, we are so big now that we don't depend on single games to bring in enough money anymore, so they aren't actually our final fantasies anymore, we should find a name that symbolizes our new goal." and then they decided for Bravely Default, which sounds a bit like "Our new goal is to bring the old charm of our games back instead of keep adding new ideas that just don't work out." to me.
  • JagdJagd Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    It's not just SE that does this though, Engrish has pretty much been a Japanese cultural thing for decades now.
    Rya.Reisender said:

So it's pretty much more Final Fantasy than any of the more recent one.

I actually don't agree with this settlement. The issue with FFXIII (or FFXII) wasn't that weren't FF, but rather they were not as well put together games as they could have been due trouble development production. Also, this is not first era where a divisive FF game has been has been made either (FFII, V, VIII, and XII).
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    I don't understand this sentiment either, considering what they named the first one. If this is really Hat Party 2, then it'll have a Final Fantasy name on it, right?
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Braving and Defaulting is in the game. A Flying Fairy is on the cover.
  • bigmark268bigmark268 New Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Oh man 2:22 trailer and it already is 100 times more FF then all the FF13s combined. Now this is something that should be on a console!
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    looks interesting and may actually give me a reason to dust off my 3DS.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I actually want this game, so it almost certainly won't get an English release.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I also agree with the statements, that this game is more FF than this ff13 nonsense.

I really do hope this title comes out here in NA.... as I no longer buy ff titles due to (what I consider) terrible decisions to try and be innovative.... I am hoping that this title will bring me back into the SE fold.

I love the graphics and character design, so here's hopin for a localization to NA!