If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Project X Zone Impression - TGS 2012

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited September 2012 in Latest Updates
Crossover games are often stuffed into the "buyer beware" category along with movie and anime games. What did our TGS correspondant think about his time with Project X Zone?
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    I really hope that hell freezes over so we get our chance with this in the west. :|
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I would give my left arm for this one.

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Well, Katsuhiro Harada Tweeted that he proposed that it be localized! (Yeah, it's going to need a lot more than that.)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    if it comes out I will likely buy two of them just to be nice to them. Hopefully there'll be a collector's edition! OOOOOH can you imagine the kinda stuff they could put in a collector's edition for this? *squee*
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    I'm less worried about the Japanese rights-holders than I am about who might own the overseas publishing rights to a lot of the titles included in this game. All it would take is a couple of legacy rights from third-party publishers to make things unnecessarily interesting for this game's export prospects. :(
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    I'm less worried about the Japanese rights-holders than I am about who might own the overseas publishing rights to a lot of the titles included in this game. All it would take is a couple of legacy rights from third-party publishers to make things unnecessarily interesting for this game's export prospects. :(
    Project X Zone is in exactly the same position as SRT, although perhaps slightly less so.

It's looking increasingly likely that I'll import a 3DS for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited September 2012
    It sounds like a mix of Namco X Capcom and Endless Frontier in battle. Admittedly I'm basing the Namco X Capcom bit on having read about it, but such a combination seems ideal.
    Otherwise, if I could play the game on this North American system, I'd be keeping a closer eye on the release date. The 3DS in Japan sure seems to be getting more interesting software than the tiny trickle coming across the Pacific, though.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Same developers, so no surprise there, eh?