If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mass Effect Collection Arrives in November

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited November 2012 in Latest Updates
BioWare is endeavoring to make the Mass Effect series more easily available in one set. Even PlayStation 3 owners will get the chance to experience the trilogy in its entirety, if a little later.

Story
Reincarnation, realization

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Wish we knew if this had the DLC, cause I'd love the DLC for the first game since that wasn't on the PS3 before. Maybe they'll sell it as a bundle.

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited September 2012
    And thus the WiiU version of ME3, instead of being 99% pointless, is now completely pointless. Good job, brains.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    I don't own Mass Effect 1 and still need to get 3, so this seems like it wouldn't be a bad deal. I'm not sure if it will be a priority considering all the bad stuff I've heard about 3, though...
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2012
    TwinBahamut said:
    I don't own Mass Effect 1 and still need to get 3, so this seems like it wouldn't be a bad deal. I'm not sure if it will be a priority considering all the bad stuff I've heard about 3, though...
    The only bad thing about ME3 is the last 20 minutes. All the events leading up to it are pretty good, with some stumbles here and there.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
    edited September 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    The only bad thing about ME3 is the last 20 minutes. All the events leading up to it are pretty good, with some stumbles here and there.
    And the extended patch made it slightly better.

• storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    More Mass Effect is good. I started playing them on the 360, but haven't played the third one yet, even though I have ME3 Collector's Edition sealed on 360. Might get the trilogy depending on my funds around that time!
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    And the extended patch made it slightly better.
    And even after all that the ending really wasn't that bad and fanboys are just cuckoo.
  • Iliya MoroumetzIliya Moroumetz Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    TG Barighm said:
    And even after all that the ending really wasn't that bad and fanboys are just cuckoo.

It was still bad. They tried to be Kubrick, it ended up like Shyamalan. And I'm not a fanboy, I just prefer my writing to not suck and not insult my intelligence, thank you very much.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited September 2012
    This series is the worst thing that's happened to WRPGs. None of them were bad in and of themselves, but now I just want to forget.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    It was still bad. They tried to be Kubrick, it ended up like Shyamalan. And I'm not a fanboy, I just prefer my writing to not suck and not insult my intelligence, thank you very much.
    I didn't say it wasn't bad. I said it's not THAT bad. Certainly not bad enough to warrant the internet equivalent of a riot.
  • Jmustang1968Jmustang1968 RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Great package for someone who is interested but never got around to playing them before.

A great series, and some of my favorite games from this gen. The ending didn't bother me as much as it did others. What made it feel out of place was how brief and open ended it was compared to how in depth and detailed the rest of the game was on story elements. Just felt like it didn't belong in the body of work of the series.
  • LOLOttertardLOLOttertard Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    I've played all three games, the first on my PC and the second and third on my PS3. Don't really understand complaints about ME3's ending, but I guess that's just me.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Drav said:
    This series is the worst thing that's happened to WRPGs. None of them were bad in and of themselves, but now I just want to forget.
    Ummm... No. Just no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2012
    Yes! We get it! No one really likes the ending! the horse is ****ing dead, leave it the hell alone!

this conversation is now about how Tali is way smexier than anyone else in gaming. go.
    edited September 2012
    And how Garrus is the best romanceable character in any game EVER.
    User Database Check
    edited October 2012
    http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1975.html

Sadly only part of the answer as I really want to know for PS3 version.

edited October 2012
    I'm watching you EA. Unless you have something to deal with that hole, no money from me.
    User Database Check
  • GokuryuGokuryu Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Neat. Can't wait.
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Iliya Moroumetz said:
    They tried to be Kubrick, it ended up like Shyamalan....
    ...in a series that was more Cameron. Which certainly didn't help.

edit: surprised they aren't including all the DLC in the collection (not much of a "collection" is it?), but ME2 should have at least gotten Shadowbroker and Arrival.
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Wouldn't mind trying the first ME game again on PS3. Hopefully they will touch up the combat to make it at least as decent as ME2's combat. And reduce the long elevator load times if possible.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
    edited November 2012
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/01/ryan-warden-an-update-on-the-mass-effect-trilogy/

Got this off of facebook. And it actually goes into whats coming in/on the discs. Yay for information

• RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited November 2012
    Yay!! December 4th the first game comes to psn. I wouldn't mind retrying that for $14.99. Though its a shame they aren't including the Pinnacle Station dlc.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
    edited November 2012
    Ryumoau said:
    Yay!! December 4th the first game comes to psn. I wouldn't mind retrying that for $14.99. Though its a shame they aren't including the Pinnacle Station dlc.
    Including doesn't mean we won't get it though. I just hope they patch the ME2 for PS3 to read ME, for those of us who ALREADY have the PS3 version of ME2.

edited November 2012
    Was kinda hoping we'd see some of the day-1 DLC for ME3, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    User Database Check