If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ragnarok Odyssey Is Almost Here

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited October 2012 in Latest Updates
There is never a lack of good monster-hunting games these days, but few let you crush small blobs of pink gel with a giant drill-hammer. Well, there are giant birds and armored wolves too, but no one remembers those guys.

[Link]

Comments

• RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Can't wait. Plan to get the digital psn version to help me go over the $100 edge for that psn promotion. I hope my 4GB memory stick can hold the game. :(
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2012
    My umd drive is ready
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2012
    UMD? That's the OTHER Ragnarok game.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    I preordered and prepaid this last week because I thought it was coming out on the 17th. The 30th means I could have paid for it out of next week's paycheck instead. I wonder why so many games I've been preordering have been getting 2-4 week delays?
  • WyrdwadWyrdwad Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    kazriko said:
    I preordered and prepaid this last week because I thought it was coming out on the 17th. The 30th means I could have paid for it out of next week's paycheck instead. I wonder why so many games I've been preordering have been getting 2-4 week delays?
    That's the problem with retailers giving games placeholder dates. We actually never gave a release date for Ragnarok Odyssey until a few days ago -- October 30th was the first date we've ever given for the game. But in order to facilitate preordering, a lot of stores basically just... guessed... at when the game would be coming out. And were wrong.

I'm betting that's the same story for all the other games you've encountered recently which have been getting 2-4 week delays. To better prepare for this in the future, I'd suggest checking on the publisher's site for any official announcements before placing orders -- assuming you mind the extra time delay, anyway.

(Sorry if your hopes were raised for an earlier release, though! But hey, as they say, good things are worth waiting for. Heh.)

-Tom