If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ayesha to Travel to Europe

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited October 2012 in Latest Updates
Gust may have changed owners, but it appears to be business as usual for the series releases in Europe. The Alchemist of the Sunset Lands can start preparing for her visit to the region early next year.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Wonder how their translations and censoring policy will compare to NIS(A).
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Lodor3 said:
    Wonder how their translations and censoring policy will compare to NIS(A).
    NISA was a licensing company for the games in the US. Thats completely seperate from the original owner being under a new owner in Japan
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    go go Europe
    ---
    Needs more battles, less synth.
  • XerainXerain Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    TheAnimeMan said:
    NISA was a licensing company for the games in the US. Thats completely seperate from the original owner being under a new owner in Japan
    Not exactly. Gust and Nippon Ichi were really close in Japan. Previously Gust was free to hand all their games over to NISA without considering any other options. Now there is a parent company involved who may prefer their logo on the box instead of NISA's, though Koei Tecmo hiring NISA staff to do the translation work is not an impossibility, assuming the price is right.
    I miss my old prettiful sig.
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    The translation and censoring view is most definetly being done by new people with this change. It is a totaly different company doing the translations and such now, and with the ownership change that should of be quite obvious to anyone.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2012
    Lodor3 said:
    The translation and censoring view is most definetly being done by new people with this change. It is a totaly different company doing the translations and such now, and with the ownership change that should of be quite obvious to anyone.
    I'm not sure what makes you assume that. Tecmo-Koei has actually handled distribution for a lot of NIS America releases so the two companies already have a working relationship.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Also you all are assuming this will be for the US release as well. But NISA may handle part of it for the US release
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2012
    NISA has confirmed that the studio IS 100% doing the localization for this one. Whether or not they publish it here is the only thing still in question.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm