If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 242: "Extra Life 2012"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited October 2012 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 242: "Extra Life 2012"

Extra Life was great fun and a huge success. Thousands of dollars were raised to heal kids, tons of games were played, and oh yeah, we recorded a podcast. Listen to the crew try to cover the week's news while Chris gets lost in Grimrock.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/242

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Extra Life 2012"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Comments

• TheMaddnessTheMaddness Inmate Full Members
    edited October 2012
    So much dead air I thought you guys killed my MP3 player again. Also, Yay,You found Manny!
    Quick Question. Who keeps complaining About Quin's Robo-Rants, Cuz I personally enjoy them.
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2012
    Are y'all saving the files on a different server or something? Wherever it is now, i can't download it at work . EVIL. I can DL so many other podcasts, but not this one. Sad face time! :(
  • RetrovertigoRetrovertigo Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    What's Manny thinking? Buy a bigger Xbox HDD (they are ridiculously cheap if you shop around), install all your games on it and it is then almost certainly as quiet as you could ever want.
    edited October 2012
    I don't know a thing about xbloxes, but on my PS3, I slapped a 500gig laptop HD into it real easy like...and so happy that I did!
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2012
    TheMaddness said:
    Quick Question. Who keeps complaining About Quin's Robo-Rants, Cuz I personally enjoy them.
    Myself, mostly. I'd rather not oversaturate the podcast with overwhelming amounts of gushing about my favourite genre.

Incidentally, my order for the Zone of the Enders HD collection shipped this morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited October 2012
    Quin said:
    Myself, mostly. I'd rather not oversaturate the podcast with overwhelming amounts of gushing about my favourite genre.

Incidentally, my order for the Zone of the Enders HD collection shipped this morning.
    Is that a US deal?

Anyway, I love rants about games. I listen to very long podcasts where that's all they do. Heck...one of the most popular casts about games, Bombcast...that's all they do is talk at long stretches about (admittedly new games) that they like and hate. Details are awesome! It was earlier rants on RPGCast that got me to buy FTL. I'm glad I did! (Did I mention I've beat it thrice now? mwahahah! Down with mother ship!!)

If I just wanted the news on games and RPGs quick and to the point, I usually watch (game) news casts or just read RPGamer site!

So, I say, RANT ON!
  • RetrovertigoRetrovertigo Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Oh and if Manny is interested (hope this doesn't sound like I'm having a dig, as I'm not) then the November issue of Edge magazine has got the real story on how Infinity Blade came around.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Hey RPGCast! I got a question! Wanna answer it?

Doom 3: BFG Edition was recently released, and with it, a change to the game was made. The flashlight mechanic of the original version, whereby you couldn't use a weapon and a flashlight at the same time, was replaced with a flashlight system more akin to Half-Life, where the light is mounted to your suit, but has a battery that drains during use and recharges when off. If you were able to re-release an RPG with a non-graphical gameplay alteration, what game would it be, and what change would you make to the gameplay systems? Me, I'd re-release FFVIII and replace the god-awful draw and junction systems with a more traditional MP/HP system, which would actually make the game playable.
    Quin said:

Don't worry, it's not nearly as bad as the MMO talk was a couple years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2012
    MasterChief said:
    Doom 3: BFG Edition was recently released, and with it, a change to the game was made. The flashlight mechanic of the original version, whereby you couldn't use a weapon and a flashlight at the same time, was replaced with a flashlight system more akin to Half-Life, where the light is mounted to your suit, but has a battery that drains during use and recharges when off. If you were able to re-release an RPG with a non-graphical gameplay alteration, what game would it be, and what change would you make to the gameplay systems? Me, I'd re-release FFVIII and replace the god-awful draw and junction systems with a more traditional MP/HP system, which would actually make the game playable.
    But I liked junctioning...

Skies of Arcadia with more ship battles, maybe?

Also, I'm open to any mecha related questions people may have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    i enjoy hearing Quin talk about that series. Just wish some actually came to NA. i liked the two GBA Original Generation games they gave us.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2012
    Retrovertigo said:
    Oh and if Manny is interested (hope this doesn't sound like I'm having a dig, as I'm not) then the November issue of Edge magazine has got the real story on how Infinity Blade came around.
    This is specifically what I was talking about. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/17055...p#.UIrmK7SEDZs

If i missed a few details its cause I read the article months ago.