If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV Servers Reopen Tomorrow

noodlenoodle Kirby: El PresidenteRPGamer Staff
edited November 2012 in Latest Updates
Did you miss the last weekend of version 1.0? Do you want to release your anger by beating up Funguars? Well, you're in luck! Servers are reopening, but there's a catch.. or three.

Use your excitement to poke this.

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited November 2012
    ...The final save was on November 1, therefore no progress from the reopening will be saved for the launch of A Realm Reborn...
    ---
    This is reason enough to pass.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited November 2012
    Do people think this re-launch will make a big difference overall?

With them still using a pay-to-play model.... I really doubt enough population will stay with it. People generally don't want to pay monthly anymore for this type of game.
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2012
    i still pay monthly for FFXI. it depends on the person, i guess. though i do plan on playing FFXIV when it relaunches.
  • ZeraseZerase Member Full Members
    edited November 2012
    If that were true no one would be playing WoW. You can't tell me people don't still play WoW.
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

• freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited November 2012
    I'm interested in trying out the relaunch, now that it looks to have a halfway serviceable user interface.
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2012
    for those of you who were confused about the video.. a member from the dev team posted on the forums answering some questions about version 1.0.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/57049-CG-Midlander?p=898626&viewfull=1#post898626
  • Holy_DragoonHoly_Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited November 2012
    They actually stopped the fees for current players as of October 1st. Then they opened the game back up at that point for anyone who already had the game to come experience the big finale.

This reopening is basically for current players to play through the story quests just to have the experience. Or to rewatch all the cut-scenes that won't exist anymore. There is also the group going back over the story to look for clues about Bahamut, since Yoshi-P stated some clues went completely missed by the players.
    I actually don't mind. I can do some archiving.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]"To be forgotten is worse than death."[/CENTER]
  • KaiserKaiser A smooth flow of thought Full Members
    edited November 2012
    if i buy the current pc version now for a few bucks, can i activate it when it relaunches ?
    Trance Radiance Infinity