If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ni No Kuni Demo Drops This Week

2»

Comments

• ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    With most demos, there is a lot left to be desired...

but man...is this game gorgeous or what!
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    They really shouldn't restrict menus like that. If I can't get a feel for the progression system, the game comes off as yet another RPG for me and that makes it easy to skip. I'm speaking generally, mind you.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I'm not really sure how I like the battle system(it's definitely not bad, just not sure if I'll like it much either), but I'll be buying this anyway.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    I've done some very basic looking into with this game and it has pretty much made me happy for my pre-order. However, as a point I am avoiding getting more in depth and thus avoiding most info and obviously the demo. Fire Emblem vs Ni No Kuni will be an epic battle that I will win no matter the outcome. It shall be glorious.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2012
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    They really shouldn't restrict menus like that. If I can't get a feel for the progression system, the game comes off as yet another RPG for me and that makes it easy to skip. I'm speaking generally, mind you.
    I have a feeling they're trying to avoid an Interface Spoiler. You know, something in the menu that could possibly spoil a few surprises they don't want us to know about in the full game.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I have a feeling they're trying to avoid an Interface Spoiler. You know, something in the menu that could possibly spoil a few surprises they don't want us to know about in the full game.

Meh. It's usually cool gameplay stuff that ultimately encourages me to buy a game. I guess we'll just have to see, but I bet it's some mundane feature the devs think is really cool, but really isn't.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I was pressing start to look at the menu and it wasn't working.... It never occurred to me that start wasn't the right button.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2012
    I was pressing start to look at the menu and it wasn't working.... It never occurred to me that start wasn't the right button.
    For RPGs on a PS3, the Triangle or Square buttons are usually the ones to hit. Rarely is it Start, and sometimes Select.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    I checked just now, and the only menu items that you can't look at are the quest log (spoileriffic!), the Wizard's Companion (super spoileriffic and would probably greatly increase the demo's download size), and something that isn't unlocked yet during the segments in which the demo is set.

Press Triangle to view the menu. I think the demo won't let you view the menu during the first demo segment until you've beaten the boss, which is unfortunate because the combat tutorials are in there.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    The Book and the monster index were probably cut for space reasons. The alchemy section wouldn't be available by the point in the game were the demo seems to be. The Imagen-raising section (used to boost stats, raise happiness, and promote them to a new form) would be available normally, but there wouldn't be many items to use for it just yet, and it would just lead to wasted time in a demo with a very short time limit.