If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem Awakens in February

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited December 2012 in Latest Updates
Who is that masked man? Could it be one of Fire Emblem's most fabulous heroes, here to save the day? Or is something more sinister going on?

[Intrigue! And release dates!]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Hooray for early release dates!

Now if only I had a 3DS... I'm still in a tossup between that and a Vita, as both have lots of games either out or upcoming that I want.
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Not sure I'll be able to afford a 3DS in Feb. I guess I'll buy the game for sales-sake and then wait until spring/summer when I can afford the console.

Still glad to have any news on this game's release. I was a little scared after we were passed by for the last game in the series.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    This game looks great! Like Clix, I'll probably get it and worry about getting the 3DS later.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2012
    Unexpectedly awesome news! Now I know what to ask for my birthday.

Judging by the video, it looks like this is going to be a really crisp and colorful Fire Emblem. Can't wait to play it in only a few months.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    The timing on this release is great. I was worried it would take until March or later for it to come out, but instead it is going to release very close to my birthday. I can't wait.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Takes longer to get released in Europe but I don't care, it's definatley coming out and it looks awesome.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited December 2012
    Very much excited for this, and it's coming out earlier than I expected. I can hardly wait.
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited December 2012
    hmm, early next year will have some big hitters stepping up to the plate. Late January there's Ni No Kuni, early Feb there's this and then later that month there's Etrian Odyssey. It'll be a good time for me, not so much my wallet. I have high hopes that Fire Emblem keeps me sucked in like its other games. My 3DS will finally get to play a 3DS game that doesn't have Mario in it.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • HeideggerHeidegger New Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Hooray! That's reasonably soon, which is awesome. I was hoping we'd hear something today about the special FE edition 3DS coming over as well, but I guess I can settle for playing the game sooner than I had expected.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2012
    I know who this mysterious masked person is! Then again, I spoiled myself months ago. I won't spoil it, but let me say, it's quite a mindscrew.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited December 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I know who this mysterious masked person is! Then again, I spoiled myself months ago. I won't spoil it, but let me say, it's quite a mindscrew.
    Must...not...spoil...self...
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
    edited December 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Yes, spoiling a game that comes out in two months would be grounds for sending you angry private messages until you feel uncomfortable and bad and regret your decision. :|
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    edited December 2012
    I know how people are when it comes to spoilers, especially on this site. Besides, just because I know what happens doesn't mean I myself have seen HOW it happens.
    User Database Check
  • hristhrist New Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    This looks fun I need to get a 3ds and finish the older fire elbums, i've been playing the one on the ds
    http://www.roleplayingamer.com RPG Webcomic Series | http://www.temporaltrek.com Temporal Star Trek Webcomic | http://www.gamerdater.com RPG Video Game Dating
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    This makes buying a 3DS for my gf sound a lot more appealing!
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    This, Paper Mario, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Luigi's Mansion should keep my 3DS early for the first half of the year.
  • LOLOttertardLOLOttertard Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Since I've heard they're ditching the permadeath system of other games in this installment (a change I hope isn't removed in localization), I might just give this franchise another shot.
    edited December 2012
    Simba B said:
    Since I've heard they're ditching the permadeath system of other games in this installment (a change I hope isn't removed in localization), I might just give this franchise another shot.
    I think that's only for the easiest difficulty. Meaning you will get no challenge out of it.
    User Database Check
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I think that's only for the easiest difficulty. Meaning you will get no challenge out of it.
    Oh man, Final Macstorm and I are so all over easy mode. ::Hi-5's Easy St.::
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited December 2012
    No way I'll do easy mode. The game already comes with random battles, which can make it easy to max out all characters. That's as easy as a Fire Emblem game can get.
    User Database Check
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    No way I'll do easy mode. The game already comes with random battles, which can make it easy to max out all characters. That's as easy as a Fire Emblem game can get.
    No they could remove weapons breaking.

Oh and FE12 which I recently beat ALSO removed the permadeath feature.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited December 2012
    Weapons don't break in the easiest difficulty mode either, from what I've heard.
    User Database Check
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2012
    We Euro folks will have to wait a little bit more, but I'm just happy to get the game at all. This will be my second "real" 3DS game. I only own Tales of the Abyss. The rest are regular NDS games.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited December 2012
    lolwhoops said:
    I have high hopes that Fire Emblem keeps me sucked in like its other games. My 3DS will finally get to play a 3DS game that doesn't have Mario in it.
    But wait! Can you really be sure that the Mysterious-masked man isn't Mario incognito?
    He seems very mysterious and it would be quite the twist! :confused:

O.k. perhaps not, but I've played too many Prof. Layton games to rule out unreasonable disguises just yet. ;)
    It's-a me Marth ... Wa-hoo!
    edited December 2012
    So Nintendy released a video that I think all of you Fire Emblem people would like. I think it helps keep me excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygynEGBMnIo