If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Trailer Puts the South Park in The Stick of Truth

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited December 2012 in Latest Updates
Afraid that the video game version of South Park might be too sanitized and family-friendly? Worry no more. Watch the trailer.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2012
    This made me laugh so hard. It shall be worthy of the South Park name.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I'm actually more excited about the fact this is a new Obsidian RPG than it being a South Park title. Obsidian seems to have gotten their sh*t together (;)).
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    looks amazing. Hope its not as bad as the other recent licensed adult cartoon game, Family Guy back to the multiverse.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
  • AzilisAzilis Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I'll be watching how well this game does with critics and sales, but that's out of interest for Obsidian. Just not a fan of South Park.
  • EthosEthos Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Very excited for this. Hopefully it retains what's good about South Park. Which is of course the ridiculousness, but moreso the cleverness.
    Mario Kart 8 Review - Latest Proto article
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if they will bleep the F-bombs in the actual game?
  • EthosEthos Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I'm fine either way. Arrested Development has proven that often bleeps can be funnier.
    Mario Kart 8 Review - Latest Proto article
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    If the game is rated M, there's no reason they couldn't keep the F-word in. The question is whether THQ is going for a T instead.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    Ocelot said:
    If the game is rated M, there's no reason they couldn't keep the F-word in. The question is whether THQ is going for a T instead.
    It's South Park, which has, since its inception, garnered an 18+ television rating. If this game isn't M-rated, it won't be South Park.

Honestly, I think the Mr. Slave bit in the trailer is enough to give it an M rating on its own :)
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    well im sure it helps that south park is y'know good.
    ouch lol. Family Guy was decent at least before its first cancellation. But i agree South Park is way better. I'm actually a big fan of Obsidian as well. Even their critically panned original game, Alpha Protocal, was very fun too me at the time i played it. I even like their Fallout better than Bethesdas.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Ryumoau said:
    ouch lol. Family Guy was decent at least before its first cancellation. But i agree South Park is way better. I'm actually a big fan of Obsidian as well. Even their critically panned original game, Alpha Protocal, was very fun too me at the time i played it. I even like their Fallout better than Bethesdas.
    I enjoyed Alpha Protocal as well. Thought it a more-than-the-sum-of-it's-parts sort of game. And New Vegas was fun, too.

This trailer is hilarious. A great combination of irreverent and nerdy humor (loved the Star Trek and Kenny jokes). Definitely looking forward to this game.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2012
    This doesn't make me want the game as much as it makes me want to watch South Park.