If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Gift Thread

FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW!Full Members
edited May 2013 in Miscellaneous Gaming
So, I've realized that over the course of forever that I've accumulated a ton of steam keys from the Humble Bundles that I've bought. I know that most people religiously use Steam, but I don't like it.

So, instead of sitting on a rather sizable amount of game codes that I will never use, I thought that I'd share them all with you all. You guys have been great to me over the years and I just wanted to give a little something back to community.

I'm not going to list the codes here, just what comes with them, if you want to claim a code, just reply here and I'll PM it to you!

Thank you all and have a lovely Christmas!

---
Avadon, Cogs, Snuggle Truck, and Zen Bound 2 (x2)
---
Swords & Soldiers
---
Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans (x2) (One claimed by 7thCircle)
---
Cortex Command (x2)
---
And Yet It Moves, Atom Zombie Smasher, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Steel Storm: Burning Retrobution, VVVVVV
---
Blocks That Matter, Chocolate Castle, Jasper's Journeys, The Binding of Isaac, Voxatron, Zen Puzzle Garden (Claimed by Paws)
---
Gish
---
Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra Overture, Samorost 2, World of Goo
---
Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Trine, Splot (Preorder)
---
Frozen Synapse
---
SpaceChem (Claimed by HyphyKezzy)
---
Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon (+DLC), Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
---
Saints Row: The Third
---
Titan Quest (claimed by 7thCircle)
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
---

Each block of names is a bundle, if you see one game by itself, it comes outside of a bundle.

Comments

• redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited December 2012
    I have the vast majority of those, so I don't need any codes. I did want to say that this is a great thing to do and Happy Holidays.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    Would you think I'm totally lame if I'm going to jump right on Zen Puzzle Garden? :)
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Paws wrote: »
    Would you think I'm totally lame if I'm going to jump right on Zen Puzzle Garden? :)
    Not at all, But it comes in bundle with: Blocks That Matter, Chocolate Castle, Jasper's Journeys, The Binding of Isaac, Voxatron and, of course, Zen Puzzle Garden
    redwing42 wrote: »
    I have the vast majority of those, so I don't need any codes. I did want to say that this is a great thing to do and Happy Holidays.
    Thank you, man. I figure, why not give, right? Tis the season! I actually bought the THQ bundle specifically so I could give it away. It uses Steam exclusively and I just don't.

I'm feeling generous!
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Do any of those bundles include puzzle games that are similar to Bubble Bobble or the like? My sister really likes those kinds of games and she is getting tired of microtransaction driven flash games.

Btw, just fyi to everyone else, the THQ bundle with Metro and Darksiders and Saint's Row only has 1 day left in the sale. Just in case you want that code, but Frozen has already given it away, you can still get it. And it's for charity, so why not for $6?

*Actually, nevermind. Probably easier to just introduce her to Steam. Thanks for doing this though.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Could I kindly ask for Titan's Quest? A friend of mine has been all a buzz about it, so I want ot see what the hype is about.

(Note to self, get money on Mastercard to send out more gifts over steam).

Scratch that, a friend of mine just got me the THQ indie humble bundle, so I now have Titan's Quest. Thanks none the less :)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited December 2012
    No problem, Bain. Sorry it took me a bit. Busy week at work. I'll send Paws her code tomorrow and check on TGs request as well, hope more people take some codes in the meantime...
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, this is really cool. I recognize quite a few of those Bundles :) Thanks and Happy Holidays!
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited December 2012
    Been wavering back and forth about asking for Space Chem for a few days. It's one of those games I've been curious about but am not sure how much I'll get into it. But it's been a bit with no takers now so I don't feel like I'm depriving someone who would reeeaaaally like it at this point. So can I get Space Chem?

Also, this is fantastic FB. Is it intended to be a one off thread or can others drop some stuff in here as well? I'm still fairly new to Steam so I'm not at the point of having duplicates yet but with the way bundles and stuff happen I could see having things to give away myself down the road.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited December 2012
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Been wavering back and forth about asking for Space Chem for a few days. It's one of those games I've been curious about but am not sure how much I'll get into it. But it's been a bit with no takers now so I don't feel like I'm depriving someone who would reeeaaaally like it at this point. So can I get Space Chem?

Also, this is fantastic FB. Is it intended to be a one off thread or can others drop some stuff in here as well? I'm still fairly new to Steam so I'm not at the point of having duplicates yet but with the way bundles and stuff happen I could see having things to give away myself down the road.

Absolutely, I'll send you the code when I'm on my proper computer!

And this isn't just for me, this is for everybody. Anybody can post codes to anything here. Steam, XBLA, PSN, GOG, Anything!

I just wanted to be generous with what I had due to the spirit of the season. But anybody can post any gifts they wish to share.
    edited December 2012
    Thank you! You are da man! I look forward to when I'll have some stuff to drop in here myself.
    edited December 2012
    Sent out your code!

Please enjoy!
    edited December 2012
    Anybody else, guys? I'd love to give a lot more of these out...

Also, TG, I didn't see anything like Puzzle Bobble, sorry man.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2012
    I was letting the first wave finish before jumping in because I'm not sure I'll get to them anytime soon. I'll take:

Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans (For Braid, which I've never played)

Titan Quest (I've always been interested in trying this, but this is a genre that doesn't do it for me anymore so it might be a short experiment)

Thanks! If there's a limit of 1, I'll just take the Braid package.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited December 2012
    I hooked you up with your codes, 7th. Please enjoy!

Anybody else? Anybody at all?
    edited December 2012
    I hooked you up with your codes, 7th. Please enjoy!

Anybody else? Anybody at all?
    edited January 2013
    C'mon guys! Help FB clear his clutter!

So when I spotted this thread around the time we were discussing "Year Of" games a little plot started germinating in my mind. Ever since I've found this site I've had fantasies of winning a large lottery jackpot (well, technically I've always had those) and blowing a nice chunk on flying a bunch of us out to Tokyo Game Show or something. But of course that's never likely to actually happen.

However with this thread and this year's supplemental "Year Of" category I realized there was something a bit more reasonable I could do along those lines. So I've picked up a few extra copies of different games we were discussing playing this year if they hit a good flash or daily during the Steam sale. I won't have stuff for every month because it's technically supposed to be PSN/XBLA games but I did grab quite a few including this months game.

So I've got two extra copies of Bastion(x2) on Steam if any of you would like to grab them and join in with us this month. Just post in here with your Steam name or a link to your profile if you're feeling extra helpful and I'll friend you and send it off, first come, first served. All I ask in return is that you at least give it a couple hours and post your thoughts in the "Year Of" thread. If you decide you don't like it and don't want to finish just drop a decent post explaining why you didn't enjoy it. It should still help to spur some conversation.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    That is mighty classy of you, my good sir.
    edited January 2013
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    C'mon guys! Help FB clear his clutter!

So when I spotted this thread around the time we were discussing "Year Of" games a little plot started germinating in my mind. Ever since I've found this site I've had fantasies of winning a large lottery jackpot (well, technically I've always had those) and blowing a nice chunk on flying a bunch of us out to Tokyo Game Show or something. But of course that's never likely to actually happen.

However with this thread and this year's supplemental "Year Of" category I realized there was something a bit more reasonable I could do along those lines. So I've picked up a few extra copies of different games we were discussing playing this year if they hit a good flash or daily during the Steam sale. I won't have stuff for every month because it's technically supposed to be PSN/XBLA games but I did grab quite a few including this months game.

So I've got two extra copies of Bastion(x2) on Steam if any of you would like to grab them and join in with us this month. Just post in here with your Steam name or a link to your profile if you're feeling extra helpful and I'll friend you and send it off, first come, first served. All I ask in return is that you at least give it a couple hours and post your thoughts in the "Year Of" thread. If you decide you don't like it and don't want to finish just drop a decent post explaining why you didn't enjoy it. It should still help to spur some conversation.

Very nice. Thanks for helping the cause.
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited January 2013
    If it's not too late, I'll take you up on Swords & Soldiers, FB.

Thanks again. This is a cool idea.
    edited January 2013
    If anyone is interested, I've got an extra Steam code for Grotesque Tactics. I haven't played it yet, but I've heard that it isn't bad.
    edited February 2013
    Two copies of Torchlight on Steam up for grabs. Same deal as last month, just comment in the thread a bit.

And the copies of Bastion from last month are now strings free if anyone wants them. No need to comment on or even play it anytime soon. If you want it, it's yours.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited February 2013
    Well after looking at it, if nobody else want it I can take that Grotesque Tactics. redwing42, thanks

I just check out and I got 6 DOTA 2 to give out if anyone want them.
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
    edited May 2013
    Ooops! Forgot to post the Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World (Steam) up in here last month. One got claimed out of the Downloadable Exclusives thread last month but there's still one available if anyone wants it.

Also got a couple copies of Half-Minute Hero (Steam) available for anyone who wants to participate this month.