If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Project X Zone X Localization

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited January 2013 in Latest Updates
No, your eyes do not decieve you, it really is leaving Japan. Those who wish to eat their hats may do so away from us. The fibers really annoy the cats.

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited January 2013
    Never thought I'd see the day this would get localized. I guess working out the liscenses wasn't too bad. I'm very pleasantly surprised. :)
    Reincarnation, realization
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited January 2013
    I really never paid much attention to this game as I never thought it had a snowballs chance in hell to get localized.

So now I am quite surprised, and interested!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited January 2013
    And a million fans from across the spectrum of games gave unanimous applause and cheers.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Heh! that news source linked in the article only says "Europe and Australasia". ;)

The NA one is here <<i>link> , in case anyone else was mildly confused.
    They both say Summer, so I guess they have a near-simultaneous release planned.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2013
    silktail said:
    Heh! that news source linked in the article only says "Europe and Australasia". ;)

The NA one is here <<i>link> , in case anyone else was mildly confused.
    They both say Summer, so I guess they have a near-simultaneous release planned.
    Yeah, the NA press release wasn't up on the web yet when the article was written.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Those who wish to eat their hats may do so away from us. The fibers really annoy the cats.
    Damn it! I really liked that hat.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Well there we go. I have to get a 3DS now, if for nothing else to support more titles like this coming out over here.
  • esukoesuko Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Freaking amazing, I mean, wow. This is a great start for the new year in JRPG localization.
  • ironmageironmage chaotic neutral observer SaskatoonFull Members
    edited January 2013
    RPGamers may recognize characters from Resonance of Fate,
    Uh-oh.
    Xenosaga,
    Oh my.
    Sakura Wars,
    !!!

I usually wait until there are three games of interest before buying a console. Since this game counts as three, I'm going to need to pick up a 3DS...
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven (Tales of Vesperia)
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2013
    *Checks the date*

*Checks the date again*

*Triple checks the date*

No, seriously, it's not the first of April? O_O

*Goes off in search of flying pigs.*
    edited January 2013
    ironmage said:

I usually wait until there are three games of interest before buying a console. Since this game counts as three, I'm going to need to pick up a 3DS...
    Only three? ;) What about Endless Frontier, Gods Eater, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, .//hack, and Valkyria Chronicles? I'd do a complete list, but I need to get to a class soon....
  • HeideggerHeidegger New Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Heck Yes! This is incredible news!
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Wowzers. That's quite a list. Adding to the watch list.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited January 2013
    Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey 4, SMT Soul Hackers, Project X Zone, Pokemon X/Y....Good year for Japanese RPGs on the 3DS here in NA. Good reason to buy into it now, especially with the games that have already been released as of now. The eshop is growing too, which is nice, I just wish it didn't cost full price for downloaded version of games, but that's a bigger issue than Nintendo.

I think this is the line up I've been waiting for since I got my 3DS.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2013
    Project X Zone's wiki page has a list of characters and the games they come from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DrizzlDrizzl Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Does this mean we will get super robot wars down the road ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Drizzl said:
    Does this mean we will get super robot wars down the road ?
    Different type of licensing mess for SRW

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited January 2013
    I didn't believe it.

I had cross check this story on several sites and then double check if today was April 1st.

But it's true.

Amazing.
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    lolwhoops said:
    Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey 4, SMT Soul Hackers, Project X Zone, Pokemon X/Y....Good year for Japanese RPGs on the 3DS here in NA. Good reason to buy into it now, especially with the games that have already been released as of now. The eshop is growing too, which is nice, I just wish it didn't cost full price for downloaded version of games, but that's a bigger issue than Nintendo.

but no Flying Fairy, SE needs to get their @#$% together
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited January 2013
    [video=youtube;AgXbJc3Vm8E]
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Glowing HyrenGlowing Hyren Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    I looked through the screenshot and didn't see anything that looks "tactical". It looks more like a fighting game, or at least 2d-ish battles like Tales. Could someone who knows more about this explain how it is a tactical game?
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited January 2013
    lolwhoops said:

Still very disappointing that no Rune Factory 4 localisation announcement though.
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited January 2013
    Glowing Hyren said:
    I looked through the screenshot and didn't see anything that looks "tactical". It looks more like a fighting game, or at least 2d-ish battles like Tales. Could someone who knows more about this explain how it is a tactical game?
    From what I heard the battle system is similar to Super Robot Taisen OG Frontier.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
    edited January 2013
    It's tactical in that you move units (two characters plus an assignable third) around the battlefield to engage enemy units. Once combat starts, the game cuts away to the battle screen, which plays more-or-less similar to the Endless Frontier games. A neighboring unit can be called in to assist (if they haven't been stunned by an enemy attack).

Here's an example of the tactical side. We don't actually have that many screens for the battlefields, because the character attacks took center stage for pretty much all of the Japanese marketing campaign.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    I'm very happy to read this news! I must grab my friend's 3DS.
  • Khisanth MagusKhisanth Magus Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    On the positive side: Yes, this is awesome, I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell of this coming out in English, and am so looking forward to it.
    On the negative side: Crap, this means I have to actually shell out for a 3ds finally.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    This is surprising. Welcome, but very surprising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • VeghabeVeghabe Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    I personally would have loved for Innocence R/Hearts R to be released over this one though I don't own a Vita.

But thats only because I will never play Tatical RPG's or MMO's at all.
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    Finally!! After 2 years, a reason to dust off my 3DS.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited January 2013
    SRPGs are seeing a nice addition overseas finally. Buying that 3DS for my GF looks like such a good investment now!