If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Regarding account recovery

xocolatlxocolatl MemberFull Members
edited February 2013 in Site & Forum Support
Hello again, RPGamer. I didn't log in for a while and I forgot my password, and thank you for hiding the link to password recovery in the "register" link, and only making it pop up once I try to register an old name again. I mean, is this a cruel joke? I do I have to keep logging in, searching through my mails, until I give up hope of finding where I jot down my password, then try to create a new account in order for the password recovery link to pop up? I mean, yeah, I get it--a lot of us are Etrian Odyssey/SMT/etc fans, so clearly we are all a bit of a masochist. But it would be kinda nice if the "I forgot my password" link is shown right on the log in screen as soon as you fail 1 attempt.

Oh, and can I add that I have a real problem with my cookie setting? My Firefox/Chrome/IE (on Windows7, set to medium-low security setting) all have problem logging into the forums. If I log in, the site still shows as if I have not logged in, and no amount of refreshing can help me post. (Well..it takes like 15 refresh and a few restart before the thing works, but nevermind that). I think it could also be some ISP thing, since I am logging in from outside of the US (I live in Thailand to be exact), so I think that might cause a problem too. If there is any way for you to make logging in more reliable, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2013
    Yep, we chose this software specifically to mock anyone who happened to forget their password.
    On a serious note, I'll look around the settings and see what I can find, but chances are that's just as the programmers intended; it's harder for bots to abuse the forgot password if it's not patently obvious.