If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Shows Up at the PlayStation Meeting

madhtrmadhtr RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited February 2013 in Latest Updates
Square Enix arrived to show off Agni once again. On top of that the company teased a surprise announcement for E3.

link
Facebook
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2013
    Spotted on Twitter: "I think Square Enix came today to practice their English."
    What a crap announcement.
  • madhtrmadhtr RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2013
    Exactly... I was super excited when Hashimoto was brought out on stage.... then immediately totally deflated. It's too bad, really.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2013
    I seriously feel like that the thread title just kind of explained it all.

"Did Square-Enix show anything cool?"
    "Nah, they just kinda showed up and hung out."

How worthless.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2013
    Well, to be fair, today is supposed to be about the PS4 more than anything else. They'll announce a couple games we're already eagerly anticipating just to whet our appetites, but the goal here was to allow info. regarding the PS4 to sink in (even if some of it is absent, such as the actual console). I guess Square's showing was just their way of saying "Yeah, we're supporting the PS4".

I'm sure they'll start hitting us with games in the coming weeks, and then they'll blow the lid off at E3.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2013
    It better be Versus XIII. I swear to the gaming gods I will rage so hard if it's not Versus XIII.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited February 2013
    SE needs to be informed of the English adage, "Put up or shut up."
    edited February 2013
    They'd probably counter with "Patience is a virtue".
    edited February 2013
    Frozenbabylon said:
    I seriously feel like that the thread title just kind of explained it all.

"Did Square-Enix show anything cool?"
    "Nah, they just kinda showed up and hung out."

How worthless.
    Tell us how you really feel. I'm sorry that I didn't properly create a blurb to your liking.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2013
    madhtr said:
    Tell us how you really feel. I'm sorry that I didn't properly create a blurb to your liking.
    Wait, what... I didn't even read the article. I was just agreeing with you that they showed up. Jesus. Pull your head out, man.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited February 2013
    Suppose I'm not the only one who thought it was silly they showed up to present a previously seen tech demo and then say "Wait for E3 FF news."
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited February 2013
    I bet it is Final Fantasy Lightning Returns Again
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited February 2013
    I was not impressed or amused by their appearance. I wonder what they will show at E3. FFXIV 3.0. Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled and Lightning Returns being their main attraction.

Maybe I'm only bitter because I want Bravely Default.
    edited February 2013
    Frozenbabylon said:
    Wait, what... I didn't even read the article. I was just agreeing with you that they showed up. Jesus. Pull your head out, man.
    My apologies. Their appearance definitely was a disappointment. I saw Hashimoto and thought they were going to redeem themselves, but instead they just made worse. Alas.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    The only way they can fix this is with the announcement of Versus XIII at E3. IT IS THE ONLY WAY.
    User Database Check
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited February 2013
    Their appearance was downright insulting. They showed us a video we've already seen, and then said they had more news... at E3? I've given Squeenix the benefit of the doubt longer than most, but I'm just about fed up with them. I wish Enix would bail out already before the the Squaresoft side sinks them completely.
    edited February 2013
    Too bad they MERGED. Meaning it's their combined boat, there's not getting out of it. Also, if I recall, Enix did their own fair share of failing after the merger happened.
    User Database Check
    edited February 2013
    Is there even an Enix "side" any more? The various studios and talent are so mixed up these days it's hard to tell who is who. From an IP standpoint, Dragon Quest seems to be the last major Enix franchise pulling its weight. Tri-Ace/Crescendo doesn't seem to have as much clout within the Squenix hierarchy as they used to (wasn't that much in the first place), and everything else...gee, is there anything else? If there are some old Enix properties still kicking around, it's gotta be on handhelds because I'm not aware of them.

It's working out great for Eidos though.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited February 2013
    I dunno, while I don't obviously have insight into the internals of their business, I can still see the difference between what was clearly made by the Squaresoft side, and what was made by the Enix side. It seems like while they share some resources, the products seem to still have a clear divide. I understand that they "merged", but I don't get the impression that its all intermingled at this point. It still looks like 2 different companies operating under the same name.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2013
    TG Barighm said:
    They'd probably counter with "Patience is a virtue".
    "Put up or shut up" still rather applies. Part of the problem with Square Enix is that they announce far too early and then take too long to put anything out. They could learn from developers like Nintendo, who don't go out of their way to announce something six years ahead of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.