If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

March (Backlog) Madness!

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Will clearing Halo 4's Spartan Ops count as DLC? It takes a couple hours to clear an episode and there are 10. They're also divided into Ep.1-5 and 6-10 with the last half being an entirely separate grouping of DLC. Should they count as 2 pieces of DLC?
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Beat Paper Mario: Sticker Saga (3DS), which I believe is 1 point :)
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    omg I beat my review game which now means I can start participating in this! However, I doubt I'll get enough points to catch up to my opponent because of this! :(
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Paws wrote: »
    Beat Paper Mario: Sticker Saga (3DS), which I believe is 1 point :)

Thats pretty new but ill accept that as a point because i am 80% of the way through so ill probably try and beat that too
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Thats pretty new but ill accept that as a point because i am 80% of the way through so ill probably try and beat that too
    Anything that you're playing or haven't played before march first counts!
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Will clearing Halo 4's Spartan Ops count as DLC? It takes a couple hours to clear an episode and there are 10. They're also divided into Ep.1-5 and 6-10 with the last half being an entirely separate grouping of DLC. Should they count as 2 pieces of DLC?
    I'll be good with 2 pieces of DLC worth of points.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Nyx wrote: »
    omg I beat my review game which now means I can start participating in this! However, I doubt I'll get enough points to catch up to my opponent because of this! :(

There's still most of the week and I doubt I'm putting up more this round unless I get lucky with FTL. Maaayyybe I'll get Dust done next weekend but the weather's been perfect lately and I need to get out and golf. I bet you can give me a run for the money.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited March 2013
    Anything that you're playing or haven't played before march first counts!

I'm also going to try to finish up TWEWY iOS, Flow Free (I have four puzzle packs I haven't finished yet and want to finally stomp out), and StarCraft II (since the new expansion is out tomorrow). Might even see if I can sweep up one of those tonight.

I'm also deciding what to play next on my 3DS. I have 999 from ages ago and NSMB2 from Christmas. Chris also snagged me a copy of Fire Emblem before the 1st so it's a squeaker!

Edit: And thus, SC2 was wrapped up. Fuzzah, 1 point.
    edited March 2013
    just rough counted my backlog and its about 130 games, holy cow thats a lot
    edited March 2013
    I suppose the one up-side of being unable to sleep is you get more games finished. So I completed Flow Free last night, which is an iOS puzzle game; it has 2040 puzzles and I completed about a quarter of those this month. Not sure how you wanna score that, FB.

Also rolled credits on New Super Mario Bros 2, which I hated and wouldn't have finished if it wasn't a Christmas gift, and I hate not finishing those XP On to 999, which I plan on restarting -- I wasn't very far and I don't remember what's going on.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I've been putting a lot of consideration into this and since I didn't clarify that we began on the first of this month, I think I'm going to hold the contest out until the end of the first week in April. So the first set of cuts will be on the 24th, instead of the 18th. I wanted to give everybody more time to get in some games and not feel like they're going to lose because they didn't start exactly on the 1st. I hope you guys all agree with my decision!

Thanks for making this awesome.

Oh. And I finished Dishonored tonight for 1 point! I liked it. I'll post more thoughts tomorrow on the completed games thread.

Also, Paws, I went with a half point on the Flow Free game. Hope that's ok.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Took a bit of a detour today and beat 10000000 (PC). Took me a little over 5 hours total, so not sure if you want to count it as 1 point or just 1/2.
    edited March 2013
    I am finally on the board! I finished Assassin's Creed II [PS3] and both it's story based DLCs, Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities AND Assassin's Creed II: Battle of Forli. This nets me 2 points! <3
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Man, I wish everything I want to beat weren't epics. I'm never gonna catch up. lol
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    edited March 2013
    lol i have made 0 progress on anything, damn you Path of Exile
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Basically how I feel, except it's WoW's fault.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I am finally on the board! I finished Assassin's Creed II [PS3] and both it's story based DLCs, Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities AND Assassin's Creed II: Battle of Forli. This nets me 2 points! <3

Yeessssss!!!!

Thread at work putting some pressure on me. It helps. I hope that's mutual.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I should be done with Red Dead Redemption by now, but trying to blitz through an open-world (Rockstar) game isn't my style. I probably should've tackled something else... instead I keep getting sucked into $100 poker games, hunting random wild beasts and completing outfits :)

That's awesome. That was a fun game. Had just the right amount of content I feel like.
    edited March 2013
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Yeessssss!!!!

Thread at work putting some pressure on me. It helps. I hope that's mutual.

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong, Hyphy! (jk!) But yes, this competitive part is totally adding the extra pressure I need to force myself to push through some of these games. Holy moley. XD
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I'm probably too late to join this...

Goals for this month however:
    Alien Breed (Already finished) (downloadable, so definitely not a full point.)
    Bentley's Hackpack (Also downloadable)
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Will probably finish)
    Borderlands 2 (Yeah right... Like I'll finish that this month.)
    Ni No Kuni (Same thing, I'll likely not get it done)
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (Not likely.)
    Sly Cooper 3 (Maybe...)
    edited March 2013
    And there go the credits on Red Dead Redemption for 1 point. A lot to process on this one, but will post my thoughts in the Completed Games thread. May attempt the Undead DLC, but I want to look at how much of a time commitment it'll be and how well it was received.
    edited March 2013
    Undead Nightmare was quite possibly the best piece of DLC I've played (not counting Rock Band stuff). If you at all enjoyed the original game, you really should play it. It is pretty lengthy, and also pretty difficult at the beginning until you get a handle on the changed focus of the combat, but it is a great B-movie send-up of the characters.
    edited March 2013
    Three Sleeping Dogs DLC (Xbox 360) Completed:

Nightmare in North Point
    Zodiac Tournament
    Year of the Snake

This nets me another 1.5!
    edited March 2013
    Three Sleeping Dogs DLC (Xbox 360) Completed:

Nightmare in North Point
    Zodiac Tournament
    Year of the Snake

This nets me another 1.5!

How was Year of the Snake? Worth getting?
  • gaijinmonogatarigaijinmonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Finally finished off Dragon Knights Glorious (1 point) last night. Man, what a lot of text to read through...
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Does Disgaea 3's side DLC count? Because I finished 2 of those this week. If so, that means I'm at 1.5 points.

2 hours left to see if I finish Twilight Princess this week or next.

Edit: Twilight Princess finished with 30 minutes to spare... 2.5?

Now what am I going to beat...
    edited March 2013
    redwing42 wrote: »
    How was Year of the Snake? Worth getting?

Year of the Snake was fabulous, insane, and just the right amount of content. Plus you can now stop people and go "HONG KONG POLICE. GIMMIE YOUR CAR" and not feel so bad about stealing them. :D The plot is excellent though.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Mass Effect 2 is wrapped up for 1 point: everyone survived :)
    edited March 2013
    i beat normal on path of exile so ill give myself 1/3 of a point just so i can have something
    edited March 2013
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Undead Nightmare was quite possibly the best piece of DLC I've played (not counting Rock Band stuff). If you at all enjoyed the original game, you really should play it. It is pretty lengthy, and also pretty difficult at the beginning until you get a handle on the changed focus of the combat, but it is a great B-movie send-up of the characters.

Wow. Sounds sweet. I'm sold.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Dust: An Elysian Tail [XBLA] 0,5 points