If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

March (Backlog) Madness!

Comments

• FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Current standings are:

ChickenGod - 1
    Frozenbabylon - 6

redwing42 - 3.5
    Nim - 2

HyphyKezzy - 2
    Nyx - 4.5

GaijinMonogatari - 4
    kazriko - 5

kuhfuss5 - 2
    Lassic - 1

Paws - 3.5
    AncientRune - 0.5

lolwhoops - 2
    TG Barighm - 0.5

---

So the next bracket would look like this:

lolwhoops
    redwing42

Nyx
    kazriko

kuhfuss5
    Paws

Frozenbabylon

---

Were I to give a wildcard to someone who scored the highest and lost, it would go to GaijinMonogatari since he's got 4 points and he would be my competition. So that's probably what I'll do.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, Wildcard sounds good to me :)
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Good show Nyx. Going up against you has me in a good position to start tacking stuff on for the meta game soon at least.

Meta game! Meta game! Seriously though, it was a pleasure. You're a great guy and swell opponent. I'm pretty sure I may be screwed for next round. WE SHALL SEE.

Anywho, completed Jade Empire [Xbox] last night for an upcoming backtrack. This nets me 1 point!
    edited March 2013
    Kicking off the new round with a bam! 35 hours of Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) under my belt. Going to replay it, likely right away, mixed in with some other backlog stuff.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited March 2013
    FINALLY! Super Meat Boy (XBLA) for one point. I've still got plenty to do in the game, but I got the achievement and I'm sure going to count it.
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Breath of Fire 2 (GBA) finished for 1...I dunno if I would have pushed through the game this month if not for this contest. It was really getting irritating by the end with having to try to remember what I was doing after every monotonous battle.

With that, the GBA's going on the shelf until next month at least. The only 2 games I have left for it are Final Fantasy 6 and Super Dodgeball... and I haven't really started either of them.

Next up, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy 12, Disgaea 4: The Fuuka and Desco show, and perhaps Cthulhu Saves the World. Lets see if I can finish all 4 this month.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I finished Spartan Ops. Doesn't matter though. Feel like I wasted my time. Terraria comes out this week and looks like a lot of fun. Good luck to the rest of you.
    Next up, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy 12

Well, THAT isn't going to happen. The rough playtime of those two games alone is roughly 3 days and there are only 6 left in the month. Save Cthulhu for next's month Year of game.
    edited March 2013
    I figure we'll carry on backlogging till there's a winner, which gives us most of April too!
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, this has been fun. Though I seriously don't think I'm going to get past Paws this round, with very limited time for games this week, I've enjoyed having a goal to work towards. Best of luck to all!
    edited March 2013
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Well, THAT isn't going to happen. The rough playtime of those two games alone is roughly 3 days and there are only 6 left in the month. Save Cthulhu for next's month Year of game.

Ok, I'll save Cthulhu for April. It's the only Zeboyd game I haven't finished.

I'm 3/4ths through Borderlands 2 already, and I'm at 85 hours in FF12, but I haven't played it in 4 years. That's a common problem with me and final fantasy games... I play them for a month or two, get to within striking distance of the final boss, then I abandon them for over a year. I think I'll get them both done this week and still have time for my Disgaea 4 DLC. (I double-checked last night, and I did buy both of the D4 downloadable chapters a couple years ago, so I'll go ahead and finish both of them this week. :)

The biggest challenge with FF12 will be finding the power cable for my PS2...
    Paws wrote: »
    I figure we'll carry on backlogging till there's a winner, which gives us most of April too!

That means April will be a bit tougher for me to stay ahead for. For my 2013 backlog goal, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody is my April game that I need to finish. I'm just starting in that, so it'll probably eat at least a week of game time just for that. I enjoy a challenge though. :)

I just realized that I don't have any portable games on my todo list, so I've put Lunar: Silver Star Harmony into my list as well. I'm 16 hours into this, so I'm targeting early April for it. I MUST have a portable game because of all the "waiting in the car" downtime I have.
    kuhfuss5 wrote: »
    Yeah, this has been fun. Though I seriously don't think I'm going to get past Paws this round, with very limited time for games this week, I've enjoyed having a goal to work towards. Best of luck to all!

Yeah, it's really changed the way I play and made me go digging though my backlog for things I haven't played in ages...
    edited March 2013
    So after 45 painful hours of slowdown, I finished Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl (PSP). I think this earns me 1 point. :D;

Out of curiosity, what would Dawnguard count as? Technically, I've put eight hours into it so far, and I'm only halfway through the expansion. If I finish it, is it like .5 or 1 point?

Also, I have no idea what to play next. This could be bad for me.
    edited March 2013
    Agh, that was a pain in the tail to beat the final boss...

After 4 tries and lots of money wasted on ammo... Borderlands 2 (PS3) is done for a point. I skipped a heck of a lot of side missions toward the end just so I could get it done without getting tired of the game...

Some of the side missions were hilarious though.
    edited March 2013
    Some of the side missions were hilarious though.

Killed yourself, eh?
    edited March 2013
    Skyrim: Dawnguard [Xbox 360] is finally completed. It took me about nine hours (realized yesterday when I asked I was actually ON the last quest, d'oh). So .5, I guess? I dunno what big expansions count as.
    edited March 2013
    Is Dawnguard any good? When compared to Dragonborn, I mean. It's half-off right now, but the first set of DLC for ES games tends to be lackluster.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Shouldn't affect the brackets at all but I want to point out for meta game purposes that I should have been sitting on 3 points instead of 2 at the end of the first round just in case.

And after a slow first half of the day at work I've finished off Fire Emblem: Awakening - 1 point.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited March 2013
    Is Dawnguard any good? When compared to Dragonborn, I mean. It's half-off right now, but the first set of DLC for ES games tends to be lackluster.

I honestly regret buying Dawnguard. I was bored to tears which is why I think it took me so long to complete the DLC. I found myself not caring about anything I was doing, some areas were confusing to navigate at times, and being a vampire was SO DULL. I'm happy it's over, truthfully. I'm on the fence now about Dragonborn and whether I should play it or not. I have it downloaded, I'm just wondering if I am ES-out.
    edited March 2013
    Killed yourself, eh?

And picked flowers for Jack's grandmother...

As for FF12, I just went through a walkthrough, and realized I was on the last part of the next to last section of the game, and the "boss" I was stuck on was an optional thing that you hit if you choose the incorrect path too many times... Hopefully I'll be able to finish it now that I know where the heck I'm going.
    edited March 2013
    "Go Kill Yourself", and Jack's reaction if you do (I've never seen what he says if you don't; the pay-off is just way too good), is easily one of the best comedy quests I've ever done. It's second only to WoW's "Be a Quest Giver" quest where the dialogue was clearly written by angry devs for the sheer purpose of talking smack about whiny players.

I'm still expecting to see Jack respawn in the final DLC. Jack riding Buttstallion in the final battle and you've got to destroy the New You stations to beat him...come on, Gearbox! Do it!
    I honestly regret buying Dawnguard. I was bored to tears which is why I think it took me so long to complete the DLC

Yeah, since I'm struggling just to get myself to play Skyrim again it's probably not a good idea. I never liked playing Vampires and Werewolves in ES games anyway. It's just too much of an inconvenience.
    The reaction to Dragonborn was a whole lot more positive though, so it's probably worth it; however, if you're ES'd out, a full-on expansion may be a little too much.
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing a bunch of new games (Luigi's Mansion and StarCraft 2), but have also been chipping away at a couple Steam games I really wanted to knock off, notably my second Mystery P.I. game and the L&O Legacy episodes. Unfortunately since I'm heading back to Canada on Sunday I won't get a chance to finish off FF13, which I *really* wanna get out of my backlog :( Will have to finish that in May!
    edited March 2013
    Ok, So to knock more crap out of my backlog, I finished Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception for 1 point. I loved the game, but there were a few annoyances that I had with it. Not enough to mar the whole package, but enough to bug me a bit. Oh well. On to the next!
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Finished up a run of Dead Pixels on XBLIG for 1/2 point. Fun game.
    edited March 2013
    Well, that wasn't the longest game in the world, but it was fun and it's the last 3DS game in my backlog, so I put the nail into Liberation Maiden, now I can play Fire Emblem: Awakening unabated. It won't count for this... But it's so dang fun...
    edited March 2013
    Woo, finally a point! Mystery P.I.: The Lottery Ticket (PC) is complete for 1 point~
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Mass Effect 3 for PS3 completed. 1 point.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Dust: An Elysian Tail (XBLA) - 1 point
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited March 2013
    One point for The World Ends With You (iOS), which I wanted to dust off before I went back to Canada since Chris doesn't let me abscond with the iPad :(
    edited March 2013
    Final Fantasy 12 (PS2) finished for a point.

The game gets so much easier when you realize that unlocking all the quickenings on the license board gives you 3x as much MP. It also gets a lot easier once you have the Bubble spell. 90 hours to finish this, 12 of those this week. I think this is the longest final fantasy game I've finished. Final boss was pretty much a pushover once I had that spell and a good supply of Ethers.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Bubble spell, best spell ever
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster