If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

March (Backlog) Madness!

1234568»

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Huge thank you to FrozenBablyon for running such a great and frantic event! I honestly can say that was a ton of fun and it helped me (and I'm sure others) make some dents in their backlogs. Hopefully this event will get ran again, because I know I still have another 90ish games sitting and waiting to be completed. :P
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Nyx wrote: »
    Huge thank you to FrozenBablyon for running such a great and frantic event! I honestly can say that was a ton of fun and it helped me (and I'm sure others) make some dents in their backlogs. Hopefully this event will get ran again, because I know I still have another 90ish games sitting and waiting to be completed. :P

I'm so glad that everybody enjoyed it! Sorry about not updating yet, I was sick over the weekend and only really played Tomb Raider. Haha. I'll finish this up tonight and get everything up once I get home from work!

And I plan on running this every year from here on out. Regardless of if I have a backlog myself or not!

I'm just so happy that it went so well!
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    So, April is annual backlog month? Yeah, that works. April and May are usually light months anyway, and by June you're in E3 and looking ahead to new games.

I did so poorly. I was hoping to get all of my RPGs beaten before I picked up Riptide, maybe even finish off some RPGs I haven't gotten back to (still haven't finished Vesperia or Skyrim). Instead all I got done was Spartan Ops and that wasn't much fun at all. Oh, well. At least I got to level up a Monk in WoW.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Hooray for future incarnations!

It was definitely a lot of fun. Petered out a bit at the end through unwise game choices but still managed to knock out a bunch of stuff overall. Thanks for running it FB.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    I'm definitely down in doing this again. I know I have about 10 PS3 games waiting for me at Chris', and while I'll slug through some this year, it's nice to know if I don't I can set aside a specific time to do so.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Alright. So in the final tally, It looks like Nyx is our winner for both the tournament and the meta-game! Here's the final rundown!

Nyx - 13
    kazriko - 12.5
    Frozenbabylon - 11
    Paws - 9.5
    redwing42 - 6.5
    GaijinMonogatari - 6
    HyphyKezzy - 5
    Nim - 4
    SpaceLion - 2.5
    lolwhoops - 2
    TG Barighm - 1
    ChickenGod - 1
    Lassic - 1
    AncientRune - 0.5

Congratulation to Nyx for dominating the game! And Thank you all for playing!

Nyx, Expect a PM soon!

Thanks again guys, You helped make this game great! I have a better idea of how to run things next year too, which thrills me!
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Aww, so close... Should have finished the other commander keen series and tied it up. :) But... Bioshock infinite is worth it.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Grats Nyx!
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Good job Nyx, and thanks to FB for running the contest. It was an interesting way to look at gaming for me, even though it did distract me from a couple games I wanted to work on.
    edited April 2013
    Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting to dominate both... I figured kazriko had me in the metagame. Seriously though, you're all awesome competitors and thank you so much for running this again. <3
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Darn, I had beaten Shining Tears before the deadline but didnt post it. Oh well at least I get the Laziness award for being last.
    edited April 2013
    Darn, I had beaten Shining Tears before the deadline but didnt post it. Oh well at least I get the Laziness award for being last.

Awww, it happens. XD