If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Drakengard 3

JormungandJormungand MemberFull Members
edited February 2014 in Square Enix
Totally unexpected.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/12/drakengard-3-drag-on-dragoon-3-in-development/

How relevant considering the recent retroviews of Drakengard 1 & 2. I'm thrilled, but the original director (Yoko Taro) and scenario writer (Sawako Natori) must be involved for this to work. Don't fail us now, Square Enix. I'm optimistic considering Taro consulted on a recent Square online title. I don't know if Natori is freelance or a former in-house employee of the now defunct Cavia, but her involvement is essential. Given these two, if Nobuyoshi Sano returns as music director we will have a new masterpiece.

By the way, this will be a PS3 title. :)

Comments

• TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    This is very surprising. I'm actually looking forward to it. I mean, I hope it improves on a lot of the flaws of the last two games, and maybe borrows a little of that Nier vibe, but I'm really curious.

I wonder if they'll make any effort to have the final ending of Drakengard 2 make sense...
    After all, that one make absolutely no effort to explain why the Grotesqueries go away and leave the world alone. So unsatisfying, even though it takes three playthroughs to see.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2013
    Knowing how they operate...the first ending of 2 shall be canon, and we will rage at it.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Knowing how they operate...the first ending of 2 shall be canon, and we will rage at it.
    Most likely.

That is the most status quo ending, though hardly as necessary as it was in the Drakengard to Drakengard 2 transition. Anything else wouldn't work in that case, but I could see ending 2 or 3 from Drakengard 2 working for the new game.
    Ending 2 actually had an awesome set-up with the army of dragon-riders charging off to fight the army of Grotesqueries. I am still disappointed they just left it at that and never made such a thing into a playable scenario.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Didn't see that coming.
  • SuikojinSuikojin Danger Zone! Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I usually wouldn't care about this game but man, I am a sucker for artwork and I really like the concept art. Not only that but they said it won't be like the other two so that is good. I am hoping they can breath some life into this franchise.
    Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!
  • Endless DespairEndless Despair New Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Knowing Drakengard 3 is in development makes me a happy man. The series, in my opinion, would benefit from more RPG elements and an open world. Riding on the back of a dragon fighting demonic hordes would be more satisfying that way. Mission segments in action RPG's never felt right to me.

There's a lot to improve on in the series as a whole, but I hope they keep some of the charm. Also, I'm hoping for more insane alternate ending, la the first Drakengard. They were weird, but for some reason it was also entertaining.
    Objection! That's so fun to say.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2013
    http://gematsu.com/2013/06/drakengard-3-meet-the-utautai-sister-five

Will this game be released here with so stong sexual themes?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited June 2013
    LordKaiser wrote: »
    http://gematsu.com/2013/06/drakengard-3-meet-the-utautai-sister-five

Will this game be released here with so stong sexual themes?
    Considering this is nothing new, probably.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Considering one of the endings in the first game heavily hinted towards incest, pah nothing new for this series
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    According to Director Yoko Taro's twitter, it seems that there is no localization currently in the works. Of course this doesn't mean one won't come if sales are good.

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/350298201070379008

Then again, all he's really saying here is that he has no control over localization (obviously). I suppose it's possible localization has begun and no one has told him about it. :p
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited October 2013
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited October 2013
    One can only hope. Drakengard 3 IS supposed to explain why/how the Goddess Seals were made in the first place, which is very important info for those of us who have played the first two.
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited October 2013
    Localization confirmed

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 9, 2013) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that its action (RPG) Drakengard®3 will be coming to the Americas exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

A prequel to the original Drakengard, Drakengard 3 transports players to a medieval world where six goddess-like sisters known as “Intoners” have brought peace to the earth with their power to manipulate magic through song. Harmony is disrupted, however, when the eldest sister, Zero, attempts to murder her younger sisters with the help of her dragon companion, Mikhail. As the story progresses, players find themselves in a battle to unravel the mystery of Zero and learn her true intentions.

Featuring the series’ signature brand of action, Drakengard 3 pits players against hordes of fiends and foes in remorseless hack-and-slash ground combat, and then sends them soaring for pitched aerial battles on the back of Mikhail.

Drakengard 3 will be available for $49.99 next year on the PlayStation®3 system and for digital download on the PlayStation®Network and the Square Enix Online Store. Starting today, players can pre-order the game at the Square Enix Online Store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ihuBJzci0
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Localization confirmed

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 9, 2013) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that its action (RPG) Drakengard®3 will be coming to the Americas exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

A prequel to the original Drakengard, Drakengard 3 transports players to a medieval world where six goddess-like sisters known as “Intoners” have brought peace to the earth with their power to manipulate magic through song. Harmony is disrupted, however, when the eldest sister, Zero, attempts to murder her younger sisters with the help of her dragon companion, Mikhail. As the story progresses, players find themselves in a battle to unravel the mystery of Zero and learn her true intentions.

Featuring the series’ signature brand of action, Drakengard 3 pits players against hordes of fiends and foes in remorseless hack-and-slash ground combat, and then sends them soaring for pitched aerial battles on the back of Mikhail.

Drakengard 3 will be available for $49.99 next year on the PlayStation®3 system and for digital download on the PlayStation®Network and the Square Enix Online Store. Starting today, players can pre-order the game at the Square Enix Online Store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ihuBJzci0

yea yea double post i know

Update Collectors edition announced

Square Enix also announced the Drakengard 3 Standard Edition / Collector’s Edition Pre-Order Incentive Program begins today, with pre-order bonuses available through specially-timed, three tier pre-order windows.
    Tier One: players who place their pre-order from today through March 3 will receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses;
    Tier Two: from March 4 to April 8, pre-ordering the game will unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses;
    Tier Three: from April 9 until launch, players will receive the final unannounced locked bonus only.

Players must pre-order Drakengard 3 before March 4 to receive all three special pre-order bonuses.

Drakengard 3 Collector’s Edition is limited to 5,000 copies and includes:
    · All three tier pre-order incentives mentioned above
    · The Complete Novella
    · Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
    · Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level
    · Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill)
    · Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion
    · Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster

http://www.novacrystallis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/d3_collectors_edition2.jpg

Due out May 20. CE is $79.99 and standard edition is $49.99 - both exclusive to SE's online store.

Wont be getting this because i will not use SE online store as i hear it has a ton of issues with people getting their stuff
    edited February 2014
    Actually, it's not really a double post if it's longer than 24 hours.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Will need to find myself a physical version of the game. vg+ or playasia will hopefully have some US copies in stock. Worst case scenario means I'll grab a used copy from ebay.