If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tales of Tales on Tales

madhtrmadhtr RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited March 2013 in Latest Updates
Namco Bandai is preparing for a year of Tales, including a PSN release of Graces f and a narrowed release window for Xillia. On top of this, the company promises yet more to come.

The link
Facebook
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Well, that Year of Tales theme would have looked real nice right about now.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I'm all for more Tales! Even if I don't have that PS3 yet...
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Coinicidentally, I finally broke and ordered a copy of Tales of Xillia 2 yesterday. I really must applaud Namco Bandai on increasing the speed in which we see localizations, though.

I suspect that one of the surprises is probably a Xillia 2 localization annoucement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • madhtrmadhtr RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I think so too, and wonder if that Vita remake will come over digitally. (not so sure as a boxed product)
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I love my physical disc version. Good for you digital only people.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Awesome. I was planning to get a PS3 after the (hopeful) post-E3 PS3 price drop. Tales of Graces F and Xillia are two of the handful of games I wanted, and with any luck I can just go all digital and not have to try to track down physical copies.

I haven't seen any clarification on whether Xillia will be digital as well. Anyone know different?
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2013
    There's only one Tales announcement that could make me happy...the release of the PS1 Tales games onto the PSN, or possibly a Tales of Rebirth localized Digital version.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
    edited March 2013
    Nope, no word on Xillia on PSN, but I imagine now that they're putting Graces on there, that they plan to release Xillia on the platform as well.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    I wish that they announce Tales Of Innocence and Hearts R series for the west.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited March 2013
    I could see Hearts R, but not sure about Innocence. The fact that they have surprises, I expect them to bring at least one more over, unless they're planning to announce a new "of the World" game... then I'd be displeased.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    OK, y'all can talk about what you hope Namco Bandai will do in its Year of Tales, but if this thread devolves into whining about what Namco Bandai hasn't localized in the past, I'll have to invoke the Very Special Tales Thread Rule.

I'm watching you.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    madhtr said:
    I could see Hearts R, but not sure about Innocence. The fact that they have surprises, I expect them to bring at least one more over, unless they're planning to announce a new "of the World" game... then I'd be displeased.
    I imported Innocence R and it was...extremely mediocre. So long as Hearts R doesn't break the excellence of the original Hearts I'd love to see that brought over. Not sure how realistic it is, but given the success of Ni No Kuni Namco might be more willing to bring something like Hearts over.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    madhtr said:
    After the way the last ToW game was received, I highly doubt we're going to get another one.

Xillia 2 is the most likely, Innocence R and/or Hearts R have an outside chance.

I would say there's a very slight chance that they might decide to localize that Tales of the World iOS tactical title, but that's the only one I could see being brought over, and only because its on iOS.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
    edited March 2013
    Does Xillia have a release date already?
    edited March 2013
    Summer 2013. So, by the end of August, which isn't too far off. I'm pretty excited, myself :D
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    I will see if Gamestop is taking per-orders. I hope they give me something good for FFX and KH1&2.
    edited March 2013
    I have it reserved, along with KH1.5. Not sure if they've added FFX/X-2 yet.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    If anyone has questions about Xillia, I might be able to answer them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2013
    Quin said:
    If anyone has questions about Xillia, I might be able to answer them.
    How many sidequests?
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    LordKaiser said:
    I will see if Gamestop is taking per-orders. I hope they give me something good for FFX and KH1&2.
    my local gamestop has it listed for July 2nd. Not sure if its accurate but i hope its that soon.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
    edited March 2013
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    How many sidequests?
    Dunno exactly. There are around 100 sub-events, but this covers everything from sidequests to optional cutscenes. Also, some of these aren't accessable based on MC selection. Xillia does seem to have a better event list for keeping track, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Tales of Vesperia in Japanese was one of the longest platinum trophies I have ever obtained. But it was such an epic time and I can't wait to tackle Graces F in ENGLISH and then Xillia following it. By the way, I saw Ayumi Hamasaki perform the Xillia theme song live on TV a couple years ago and it was AWESOME! I think the song is called Progress.
    edited March 2013
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    I think the song is called Progress.
    Yep.

[video=youtube;ZjSec95ltfs]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I don't usually wait on new PSN releases. About how long does it take for a new release to be available on the store? Haven't seen Graces pop up yet.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Jormungand said:
    I don't usually wait on new PSN releases. About how long does it take for a new release to be available on the store? Haven't seen Graces pop up yet.

All depends on the game. Some will appear faster then others

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Jormungand said:
    Well now you must wait no more
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    I have to say, I was devastated when I discovered Graces doesn't support custom soundtracks. :<
  • VeghabeVeghabe Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Too bad its a PS3 PSN release Namco really needs to make PSN games still playable on the normal PSP OR release a 3 DS E shop tales of game (or port symphonia/legendia to the 3DS).