If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

It's Anarchy! Majority of Devs Now Working on Mobile Games

TG BarighmTG Barighm MemberFull Members
edited May 2013 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Apparently it's becoming harder for major publishers to retain staff.

Okay, if this is true, then I can understand why so many developers lately are saying mobile gaming is the future. It may be easy to disagree, but if nobody wants to work for the big AAA developers anymore, then they could win out through sheer numbers.

• kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Is that in numbers of people, or numbers of companies? If the latter, then it's really nothing to worry about. Of course you're going to have more companies where the barrier to creating a company and getting that companies game on a system is so low.

I still think a whole lot of them will be disappointed when they realize that maybe the top 10 people actually make a living at mobile games, and the rest are begging for scraps.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    And I think THAT is the problem more than anything else. The cultural in the big studios has become untenable. Why work for only marginally more pay, no job security, and enforced 14 hour crunch days for way, way longer than 3 months?
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I guess the Ouya will take off if alot of the games are made for anfroid
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    My VAPS Entry,
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Other than the system being mediocre thus far, sure.
  • jader7777jader7777 New Member Full Members
    edited May 2013
    It's very depressing. Just look what the tap root of JRPGs has forcast.

Source: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/13q4slides.pdf