If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Publishers Announce Changes to Future Dub Plans

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited April 2013 in Latest Updates
A group of publishers has announced a decision that could have far reaching consequences for RPGamers. At least it might if we could understand what was being said.

[ Story ]
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited April 2013
    The text will still be in English, right? Otherwise, it's time to learn Welsh. XD
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    The reality is, i WOULD be more willing to buy a game that had no Japanese option if the dub were Welsh and not English. Or i can just keep torrenting undubs. :D Kinda like George Takei announcing that he's in the new Star Wars today.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    THis won't really bother me when it happens.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    The text will still be in English, right? Otherwise, it's time to learn Welsh. XD
    Couldn't you just learn Japanese and do an end-run around this whole thing?
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    flamethrower said:
    Couldn't you just learn Japanese and do an end-run around this whole thing?
    Oh man, out of the mouth of babes. LOL
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    the text is in gaelic. it's just stuck that way, they can't figure out how to fix it.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Mae'n beryglus i fynd yn ei ben ei hun. Cymerwch hwn.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Mae'n noson dywyll. Rydych yn debygol o gael eu bwyta gan grue.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • retrodragonretrodragon Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    This made me laugh so much. It's funny because I'm the guy who always wants to play with the Japanese voices. Which when you think about it is kinda stupid. Maybe it's because English voices tend to be terrible. That plus I grew up watching anime with subtitles on VHS so I got used to it. Makes me feel at home. Currently playing Star Ocean last hope International in Japanese. Yep. It's better.
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com