If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Staff Retroview - Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited April 2013 in Latest Updates
Clothes make the man, but do they make the adventure? One spin-off seems to think so. It's time to see how well an established series' togs can fit on a secondary title.

Review.

Comments

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited April 2013
    This was one of the first Japanese language games I've ever played, and to be honest I enjoyed it quite a bit for the gameplay alone as you say in the review Gaijin. For a spin-off it was pretty fun, and the class system and recruiting other Tales characters of course added the icing on the cake. Sadly I never finished it or understood a word that was being said because I got lost and wasn't sure what the next objective was. Much better than the one spin-off we did get, Radiant Mythology, at the very least.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    I know there's a translation patch out there that covers items and major events at least. Might be worth a looksee.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    I know there's a translation patch out there that covers items and major events at least. Might be worth a looksee.
    I have not seen that, I'll have to look for it now.