If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Nintendo Drops Giant RPG Bomb on the West

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited April 2013 in Latest Updates
Nintendo appears to have finally received the message that we enjoy playing RPGs. That, or the company is really tired of us bugging it via Twitter and Miiverse.

We'll be adding media to this news feature as it becomes available.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2013
    I am so psyched and ready for this. Sorry Vita, I'm going to have to get a 3DS first.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited April 2013
    Some very exciting news indeed. I'm a little surprised that Bravely Defaults is keeping its name, but I'm much more glad that it's getting localized. :)
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Mario & Luigi + Bravely Default for me. I'm extra happy that we Euro folk get it this year.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Added: Image of the SMT IV Limited Edition packaging.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited April 2013
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    Some very exciting news indeed. I'm a little surprised that Bravely Defaults is keeping its name, but I'm much more glad that it's getting localized. :)
    It's listed as a "tentative title" so we'll likely get a name change before release.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited April 2013
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I am so psyched and ready for this. Sorry Vita, I'm going to have to get a 3DS first.
    I thought you got the Fire Emblem bundle.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited April 2013
    Macstorm said:
    It's listed as a "tentative title" so we'll likely get a name change before release.
    Shhhhhhhh. I get a Coke out of Fowl Sorcerous for that title.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2013
    I was trying to, but then life came up.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    So much good news... I'm so happy right now...

Well, waiting until 2014 for Bravely Default is going to be a pain, but it's great just to get it at all.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Very good news. BD:FF is the one for me.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited April 2013
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I was trying to, but then life came up.
    You still have chance and sorry to hear that.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Blue-Limited-Awakening-Pre-Installed/dp/B00BB62HA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366217756&sr=8-1&keywords=Fire+Emblem+Bundle
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited April 2013
    Added: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team teaser and embedded full Nintendo Direct broadcast.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I really need to get a 3DS some day.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    That's a lot of RPGs. Yeesh.

Also, I knew they had to have some sort of new Zelda in the works, but I definitely didn't expect it to be a LttP sequel. It looks really good.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    The SMT bundle looks niiiiice.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Looks like there goes a lot of my money. I am okay with this.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I'm actually sort of happy that Bravely Default is not coming too soon (mostly happy about the fact that it's officially coming). I wouldn't have the time for it this summer with all the other stuff. Also, that's one nice looking SMTIV package. I don't think I'll personally splurge on it but for all those that planned to buy it at release that's a nice bonus.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Ok. I'll eat my words. $50 sounds like a reasonable price for the physical edition of SMT4. I will be putting it on pre-order in hopes that I like the series. And if I don't I'm sure I can find a good home for it at nicely inflated price. On the other hand, if the following printings or eShop version are $50, I still think that'd be ridiculous.

As for the rest of it, I'm still absorbing the details, but from what I've read so far its sounding really exciting. Bravely Default and LttP2 sound like my top picks so far (LttP is THE best Zelda). Earthbound is a key win, but they need more to sell me on a Wii U.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Ocelot said:
    Macstorm said:
    Shhhhhhhh. I get a Coke out of Fowl Sorcerous for that title.
    don't count your diabetus before its hatched.
  • ZeraseZerase Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Pre-ordering my Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle today!!!!!! Gamestop has it on their site already and I called and they are taking reserves today!
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

• ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I'm only really excited about Earthbound at the moment. Zelda is dead to me, and the rest of the series aren't ones I'm familiar with. I might look into not-Final-Fantasy, but that's about it.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Looks like I'll have to play through my copy of BD sooner than expected. I was going to time it so the review would go up around the 1st release anniversary, but now... impression time. As soon as I'm finished with my current portable backlog title :)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited April 2013
    Looks like some great news today. New Link to the Past looks snazzy, especially since LTTP is my favorite Zelda. SMT4 coming with a strategy guide sounds like a great deal, usually those things are expensive and I haven't had a guide for a game since FF13. Here's to Nintendo making me feel glad I chose their side in the old handheld war.

M&L Dream Team, Tales of Xillia, and Dragon's Crown in August? Sign me up for that.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    aww nuts the price of my earthbound snes cart will go down the tubes
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    So many RPGs, so little time.

Dammit Nintendo, I know I'm slow but I'm still working on Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey 4! Go make Wii U games or something! Stop taunting me with more 3DS games!
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited April 2013
    I made a good choice when deciding to focus on my 3DS this year. Between SMT 4 and Project X Zone, summer will be fun times. That strategy guide book looks sweet. Link to the Past is the only zelda game I've ever beaten, so a sequel seems like a good buy for me. Bravely Fairy Whatever next year will be nice. Earthbound on WII U gives me another reason to get a Wii U eventually. Probably next year.

A lot of the other stuff I think I'll wait to see how they turn out before getting excited. Reviews and videos, yeah! There keeps being more and more stuff I want and there's only so much I can play.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Add me to the list of people who are glad that Bravely Default is a 2014 game. Between Dream Team, SMTIV, Link to the Past 2, Pokemon still coming... I'm not going to have TIME to play Bravely Default until 2014.

Also, Earthbound. My WiiU purchase is assured... because I'd rather pay $300 for a system to pay $9 for Earthbound than to pay $300 for the cart.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Will the Wii's Virtual Console be able to play Earthbound?
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Pretty unlikely, it sounds like they are only releasing it on the Wii U. They've mostly abandoned the Wii at this point.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Clix said:
    Will the Wii's Virtual Console be able to play Earthbound?
    No. Especially no since it offers off-screen play.