If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Preorder the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited April 2013 in Latest Updates
A character named Van Helsing is once again rising to the forefront to fight evil. Fortunately, the only connections this game has to either the cheesy 2004 film or a similarly-named anime are a shared fondness for the lore of Dracula, wide-brimmed hats, and gratuitous violence, so those who are mortally afraid of movie tie-in games can breathe easy.

[Link]

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I always thought Van Helsing would work as an action RPG, but a lot of these out-of-the-blue Diablo clones have been awful.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I might bite for $10-15 with the XBLA version. I'm not a huge fan of third person looters, but if they include a lot of good story to the game itself, I can see myself giving it a go.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    I loved the 2004 Van Helsing film becuase it was so deliciously awful and cheesy.

I would totally play a video game that shared those qualities.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I have high hopes for this, as Neocore's past games have been pretty amazing.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Ocelot said:
    I loved the 2004 Van Helsing film becuase it was so deliciously awful and cheesy.

I would totally play a video game that shared those qualities.
    seconded. also, full auto crossbows. somehow. those are awesome.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I feel a kind of revulsion towards any sort of fanfiction-y mash-up of classic fiction, so I am not cool with Van Helsing.

No Shin Megami Tensei doesn't count shut up.