If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 264: "Bosoms And Bullets"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited April 2013 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 264: "Bosoms And Bullets"

There's peanut butter in my chocolate in this week's RPG Cast. We figure out how to solve the JRPG problem. Nintendo announces every RPG ever. And finally, Earthbound!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/264

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Bosoms And Bullets"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    May contain Boobies.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    I'm mostly looking forward to "Grim Dawn" which is Crate Entertainment (Iron Lore entertainment, the makers of Titan Quest) ARPG. Much as I like online ARPG's the occasional disconnect and or lag issues and the realmoney auction house interfere with my mindless powergaming (levelling and buildmaking/skill choosing) and loot farming for shinies bot like fun. Torchlight 2 I'm afraid, has too simplistic an AI to provide a fun and lasting challenge. This is pretty much a spiritual sequel to Titanquest and Diablo 2.
    Although the very thought of Darksouls send me scuttling back in melodramatic fear, Anna mentioned a game which is basically a roguelike with puzzles which sounds intriguing.
    Although I'm playing Path of Exiles Beta right now, they have an expansion to act 4 rumoured to be out in 6 months, and plans to go gold, so also looking forward to that.
    And arrgh I forgot to mention "trails in the SKy part2! I played part 1 and it was so charming with anice cliffhanger at the end :emmersed::emmersed::emmersed:
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    I want to give Grim Dawn and PoE a shot at some point in the future. Right now between TL2 and D3 I'm all ARPG-ed out. It's just not a genre I can play a ton of.
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Bosoms are the beauty of the blistering sky, Bosoms are the beauty and I don't know why...
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Personally, I'm getting Dragons Crown despite the odd art style. Of course, most of the characters in there are exaggerated in one way or another. I guess Kamitami's riffing on old fantasy artwork with this new game. I have purchased every Vanillaware game available in the US and 1 that wasn't.

Playing Dragon Quest 2 and Dragon Fantasy 1 back to back here, and DF1 is quite faithful to the old tropes of Dragon Quest. Of course, that's a good and bad thing. On the positive, it doesn't overstay its welcome.

2013 looking forward to, in rough order of how excited I am for them

Higher priority, I'll play these this year or early next year likely:
    Muramasa: Rebirth
    Disgaea D2
    Ys: Celcetta
    SMT4
    South Park: Stick of Truth
    Time and Eternity
    Dragon Fantasy Book 2
    Dragon's Crown

I'll get it and never play:
    Tales of Xillia
    Rune Factory 4
    Project X-zone

May or may not buy/play these:
    Soul Sacrifice
    FF14 reborn
    Valhalla Knights 3
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Second half of the year is reserved for Pokemon with a side of Zelda 3DS. On the console front... it's basically FFXHD, because I haven't played the International content. And if I haven't seen it, it's new to me.

As it pertains to E3, if there's a presentation at 12ET/9PT on the first day of E3, how is that different than previous years? The only thing I can see is it eliminating the awkward moments of a live show, and that doesn't stop the memes from flowing (see: "What's wrong with you", Nonspecific Action Figure, Iwata Stares At Fruit, Lego!Iwata, and Miyamoto's Vacuum)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    The only rpgs i'm looking forward to this year are Tales of Xilia and Kingdom Hearts HD. I may get FFX HD as well after i learn more about what effort was actually put into the HD remaster.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited April 2013
    Pokemon X/Y is at the top of my most wanted list. Not far behind it is Shin Megami Tensei IV. Though not quite as excited, I'm also looking forward to Project X-Zone
    Reincarnation, realization
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to Project X-Zone, Muramasa Rebirth, SMT IV, Tales of Xillia, and Ys Celceta. I think that means I'm barely buying anything this fall, but I'll probably be playing catch-up anyway.