If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Rihabiriteshon - Japandemonium for May 4th, 2013

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited May 2013 in Latest Updates
Bibliomania and columns apparently do not mix well. Who'd-a thunk?

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.
    ---
    Even if its late, its always worth the wait.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2013
    Did you notice that your last review was #50? You're a Platinum reviewer now - congrats on that!

Looking at 4 weeks' worth of Famitsu rankings at once, I'm surprised so many of those games fell off at the end of April. I would have expected more of them to have Monster Hunter's longevity. Is it typical in Japan for games to fall off quickly, or was the last week of April a major release week due to the upcoming holidays?

It seems like in the US the same games stay on top for weeks if not months. Right now, SimCity is the #2 bestselling PC game on Amazon, which blows my mind since it still sells for $60 and doesn't work.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2013
    7thCircle said:
    Did you notice that your last review was #50? You're a Platinum reviewer now - congrats on that!

Looking at 4 weeks' worth of Famitsu rankings at once, I'm surprised so many of those games fell off at the end of April. I would have expected more of them to have Monster Hunter's longevity. Is it typical in Japan for games to fall off quickly, or was the last week of April a major release week due to the upcoming holidays?

It seems like in the US the same games stay on top for weeks if not months. Right now, SimCity is the #2 bestselling PC game on Amazon, which blows my mind since it still sells for $60 and doesn't work.
    Y'know what? This would be perfect for a Culture Corner ;) I'll see if I can scrape a column together by the end of the week this time >_<