If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

7 Screens - 6 Art - Shin Megami Tensei IV

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited May 2013 in Latest Updates
Let us play a rousing march for the new samurai of the Kingdom of Mikado. Miya sama, miya sama, On n'm-ma no may
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited May 2013
    Those are some big character portraits...
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2013
    Those are some pretty huge portraits. Also, I already got this pre-ordered and ready to pickup when it comes out. IT SHALL BE MINE.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2013
    Those portraits are actually compressed from how they were when we got them as Photoshop documents from Atlus. :-p
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited May 2013
    Portrait number 2... male or female... these things are so confusing sometimes lol.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2013
    Ocelot said:
    Those portraits are actually compressed from how they were when we got them as Photoshop documents from Atlus. :-p
    They're print quality. Wonder if they were killing 2 birds with one stone and we'll see these in a magazine like E3 INsider.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2013
    scorpio_7 said:
    Portrait number 2... male or female... these things are so confusing sometimes lol.
    This is why I appreciate the art in Vanillaware's games. I can tell from thumbnails if it's a gender I should be attracted to or not.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2013
    scorpio_7 said:
    That is Jonathan, the game's resident bishie. The only female samurai is the obvious one (hint: they forgot to give her pants).
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited May 2013
    Ocelot said:
    That is Jonathan, the game's resident bishie. The only female samurai is the obvious one (hint: they forgot to give her pants).
    Managed to fool my roommate with it. Well played, Atlus.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2013
    I still don't really understand why they didn't make them actual Samurai in feudal Japan, or Templars in Outremer-era Jerusalem, instead of a weird mash-up of both. And it would be nice if they at least tried to make their costumes era-appropriate.

Also, I don't know whether it's best to post this here or in a new thread but some Japanese media show has a 20 minute preview for the game. The commentators are pretty clueless (clearly not familiar with the series or games in general) but they interview a few of the creative leads and show a decent amount of game footage.