If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited June 2013 in Latest Updates
Looking for some fairies that don't bravely default? Always wanted to pet a Pikachu but were worried about the static cling? Pok
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

• ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Oh good, fairy is a thing, and it looks like they will be rebranding some of the older Pokemon from the fairy egg group and beyond. There's something incredibly magical about Gardevoir using a super-effective STAB on Hydreigon--now it'll be hard to choose between "her" and Gallade.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    It's nice that they're moving some Pokemon out of the oversaturated Normal, Psychic, and Water groups into Fairy.

Also, Poke-Aime looks gosh-darn adorable.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Oh my... im 33 and still addicted to pokemon games... what is wrong with me!?!
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Valkyrie Pearl Administrators
    edited June 2013
    According to that Pokemon Round-Table last night, the Fairy type was introduced to balance out Dragon types. Despite having two weaknesses, the power of many popular Dragon type is staggering. Many are Pseudo-Legendary (Dragonite, Salamance, Hydreigon, Garchomp), and outright Legendary. I'll be looking into having either a Fairy type or some Fairy types moves on my Pokemon once I get the game.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    Oh my, according to the Japanese article on Famitsu, X/Y will have seven-language support. O_O

And then there are the "herd" battles, where you face down a large group of pokemon all at once...

Do we have an English name for that new bat-like Flying/Dragon type yet? I definitely want him on the team.

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited June 2013
    That would be Noivern. (Noise + Wyvern)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited June 2013

This game looks awesome. New type to help even the odds even more! I imagine that Fairy type will be weak to poison and steel. Those two types needs more strengths! lol

Unfortunately now that my gf saw this video she wants the game as much as I do...which means....we need another 3DS.

Hopefully some package deal comes out with a game I want so I can kill two birds with one stone!