If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

7 Worlds That Should Be In Kingdom Hearts III - Editorial

omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know?RPGamer Staff
edited June 2013 in Latest Updates
Seven years after the release of Kingdom Hearts II, Square Enix has finally decided to stop with the spin-offs and give us a proper, third entry. But what Disney worlds will they use this time?

Read the editorial here
"It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Follow me on Twitter
Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Comments

• QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    I'd be fine with a Tron Legacy world, or something tied into Wreck-It Ralph. Admitedly, I only really want this so Yoko Shimomura can do some collaboration work with Daft Punk.

Speaking of Ralph, if he can end up in a Sega Cart Racer, then he can be in Kingdom Hearts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree with all those, especially since they're some pretty bigname movies that could work with it.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited June 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph would be an excellent fit. There are enough original characters in the movie that the licensed ones can just be left out, I imagine.
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I agree with all of those and I think Wreck It Ralph would be perfect for this game.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited June 2013
    After acquiring Lucasfilm, did they also acquire the rights to Indiana Jones as well as Star Wars?

I mean, I have no intention of playing KH3 as I figure it will be just as incomprehensible as KH2 was without playing the side games. But if I did choose a world, I'd go with Indiana Jones. The keyblade could be a whip!
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph would be a whole Kingdom Hearts game in itself as in that story all game worlds are linked together anyway.
  • AxersiaAxersia Graceful Assassin Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Quin said:
    I'd be fine with a Tron Legacy world, or something tied into Wreck-It Ralph. Admitedly, I only really want this so Yoko Shimomura can do some collaboration work with Daft Punk.

Speaking of Ralph, if he can end up in a Sega Cart Racer, then he can be in Kingdom Hearts.
    They already used Tron Legacy in Dream Drop Distance, and not only did they not use any of Daft Punk's music, it was the only world to be composed by Takeharu Ishimoto and not Shimomura. The tracks were fine I suppose, but that was such a missed opportunity.

One world that is almost guaranteed to appear at this point is Jungle Book. They've made several attempts to include it in the past, but they keep nixing it for one reason or another. You can actually explore a tiny area in Birth by Sleep if you hack the game.

Robin Hood is another good choice that I hadn't thought of myself prior to reading this editorial. Those other ones might be a bit tricky, though. In a recent interview Nomura mentioned that whenever Disney acquired a new studio, he'd make some phone calls in order to find out if he could use their properties. Responses ranged from "eh, maybe" to "absolutely not." I'm guessing Pixar falls in the "maybe" camp whereas Lucasfilm and Marvel are "absolutely not" cases. Toy Story almost seems like a given at this point, though. It's just too iconic of a movie, and I'm guessing they simply didn't wanna have Pixar debut in a handheld game.

Personally I'd like to see them add that Return to Oz movie from the '80s (never gonna happen with Disney's recent Oz reboot -- plus, that movie is extremely obscure), Tim Burton's Alice (tricky since the original Alice is already part of KH canon, but not impossible), and The Incredibles.
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Why not some Final Fantasy themed worlds for a change? Or did I miss something that prohibits Kingdom Hearts games from branching out like that?
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    The Kingdom World would implode from the coolness if they allowed a FF themed world...duh!! :P
    edited June 2013
    Just give me Kain as a party member in this game dag nabbit!
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, it looks like the series has done its best to move as far away from FF as it can in more recent entries, in lieu of Nomura's original characters.
  • RealityCheckedRealityChecked Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Clix said:
    Honestly, it looks like the series has done its best to move as far away from FF as it can in more recent entries, in lieu of Nomura's original characters.
    I agree somewhat. I think the FF characters have already moved to the background, and I would like to see Goofy/Donald/Mickey do the same. However I wouldn't want to see them completely cut out. I'd rather see my party and plot made up of original characters with just a cameo here and there.

Hard to argue with the Worlds mentioned so far (although I'm not onboard with Star Wars yet). But I'd add:
    Tangled - I'm a Disney traditionalist, and I think there's enough there
    Miyazaki - May not be possible, but that's my dream choice
    FF World - Yes, please.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see some worlds based on some of the disney live action movies I swear a black and write level based on "The Absent Minded Professor" and "Son of Fluber" would be pretty fun as puzzle action levels. Also a Herbie Racing/action level would be fun!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I'd play a Kingdom Hearts game set in Nutzi Land.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Drav said:
    I'd play a Kingdom Hearts game set in Nutzi Land.
    don't forget this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQdcfiOcntg

Imagine Sora trying to save Hanz from becoming a nazi, or Sora and the gang going undercover as young nazis so they can infiltrate their army and kill hitler or something.

DO IT SE. DO IT!
    sup?
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Seriously? There are mostly good picks, but I still can't see how you could choose 7 worlds and leave out St. Canard. Darkwing Duck as a PC has been number one on my wishlist for KH since the first installment.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Lord Golbez said:
    Seriously? There are mostly good picks, but I still can't see how you could choose 7 worlds and leave out St. Canard. Darkwing Duck as a PC has been number one on my wishlist for KH since the first installment.
    Most of the Disney Afternoon/Saturday morning stuff would make good worlds which makes me wonder why those haven't been done-

Dunwin- Gummy Bears (great for adventure)
    Duckburg- team up with Scrooge. Hey we already have a Ducktales NES remake comming
    New York/chip's house- Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers. Help'em solve a case!
    Cape Suzette- Tail Spin. The Air Pirates would make good foes!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Shadowcat said:
    Most of the Disney Afternoon/Saturday morning stuff would make good worlds which makes me wonder why those haven't been done-

Dunwin- Gummy Bears (great for adventure)
    Duckburg- team up with Scrooge. Hey we already have a Ducktales NES remake comming
    New York/chip's house- Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers. Help'em solve a case!
    Cape Suzette- Tail Spin. The Air Pirates would make good foes!
    I'd like to see those as well as a Phineas & Ferb world.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    There is a good cross-marketing opportunity there, so I'd put my money on that one.

To make it more interesting, they should make it so that Donald somehow gets mistaken for Scrooge and inherits his wealth...or something.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Shadowcat said:
    I'd like to see some worlds based on some of the disney live action movies I swear a black and write level based on "The Absent Minded Professor" and "Son of Fluber" would be pretty fun as puzzle action levels. Also a Herbie Racing/action level would be fun!
    Escape to Witch Mountain! Admittedly I haven't seen the new one but I watched the crap out the old version on Disney Channel. Aliens with telekinesis and black cat familiars ftw yo!
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Gargoyles anyone?
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited June 2013
    They could always add some Marvel characters in. Lets go for Cyclops, being that it is SquareEnix
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Eww. No. Marvel would be totally out of place.
    edited June 2013
    Cidolfas said:
    Gargoyles anyone?
    Oh yeah, Goliath as a team member chasing Xanatos!

That'd be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!