If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru - Staff Retroview

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
edited June 2013 in Latest Updates
It has Manto and a goofball spouting Engrish, but this Tengai Makyou is not the consistently loony romp its descendants would become. Instead it's a test of fortitude in several regards.
Nooo - Shiro gets turned into a robot!
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• ArticianArtician Onion Kid Full Members
    edited June 2013
    You guys usually have a "language barrier" difficulty rating in your japanese reviews. I know it says it's pretty high in the article itself, but for a moment I thought the game was available in English because of it's absence in the review side-bar.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    The "Language Barrier" rating is something I throw into my Japanese game reviews, but it's not an official part of the site format.
  • ArticianArtician Onion Kid Full Members
    edited June 2013
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    The "Language Barrier" rating is something I throw into my Japanese game reviews, but it's not an official part of the site format.
    Oh! Good to know! It's a good addition, and very helpful for those of us who are semi-lingual, but I totally understand why it wouldn't then be in everyone's reviews.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the continued retro-reviews. They are fantastic.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Much of this Tengai Makyou's music was composed by Joe Hisaishi, already a veteran of Studio Ghibli work.
    Actually, the majority of the game's music was composed by Yasuhiko Fukuda. Hisaishi did about 10 tracks.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited June 2013
    Actually, the majority of the game's music was composed by Yasuhiko Fukuda. Hisaishi did about 10 tracks.
    Shows what I get for going off memory instead of checking again. That's now fixed. Anything else?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.